Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Backfire .........POP ???

blownbbf
    Its a 9.2 cr, 232,236 dur .540 lift. Blower is undriven 15%.Elavation on a good day is 4500 and for the dial in its just pump gas.
    The holley book says 8 pounds (cough)with 400 ci and 15% undriven..... does anybody here agree with that?
    [ January 21, 2003, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: blownbbf ]

Badboat1
    I think you need more inital timing in it first off and 28 squirts no way enough 35 should be close and 25 degrees inital timing would be good and limit it more for full advance.
    Badboat1

GofastRacer
    Craig:
    The Flying Toilet Bowl?
    Supposed to be good full throttle, but have heard verying degrees of success with idle and part throttle charcteristics? Hmmm, a friend of mine has one on his Nova on alcohol, once in a while he takes it out on the street and you'd never know the difference except for the throttle response, it's one of the easiest systems to set up!..

Infomaniac
    GofastRacer:
    Craig:
    The Flying Toilet Bowl?
    Supposed to be good full throttle, but have heard verying degrees of success with idle and part throttle charcteristics? Hmmm, a friend of mine has one on his Nova on alcohol, once in a while he takes it out on the street and you'd never know the difference except for the throttle response, it's one of the easiest systems to set up!.. I have never used one but I do not see it being any different than any other injection system. Nothing short of bad ass.

GofastRacer
    You got that right, I think it's the spool in the barrel valve that makes it so driveable, it has a very gradual ramp that makes the transition from idle to WOT very smooth!...

Fiat48
    Badboat1:
    I think you need more inital timing in it first off and 28 squirts no way enough 35 should be close and 25 degrees inital timing would be good and limit it more for full advance.
    Badboat1 I was thinking the same thing. More initial timing might solve that hesitation with no other changes.
    If it were me, I'd lock the distributor. Start it at 34 degrees. No advance to worry about.

Tee
    I had this problem with my old motor. The fix for me was that I had the idle screws in too far. Backed them all out another 1/2 turn and the problem went away. I was running twin 650 #4777's also.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12