Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Why should I have to leave?

HighRoller
    I'm amazed at the sentiment some people have about public indecency and overall bad behavior in public. It's gotten so bad that people are ragging on other people for bringing their kids to the Sandbar. Well, let me ask you this; Why the hell shouldn't someone be able to enjoy a public place with their kids? Yeah, I know what goes on there, but isn't that the problem? I'm so sick of hearing people whine all week on here about how the channel might be restricted, or how the Sandbar is closed on big weekends. Then those same people go there that weekend and sit in the channel with their engine running to power the stereo before heading up to the sandbar to watch drunk skanks pull a train. My point is, why is it the responsibility of decent people to change their behavior so that indecency can be accomodated? There's no sign at Havasu that advertises it as a strip bar or public sex palace, it's a lake! A public setting with rules and laws in place for the protection and consideration of ALL who use it, not just one group. On one hand you have people who just want to have a good time with their kids and who wouldn't disturb anyone. These are obviously the bad people, and must be gotten rid of because on the other hand you have people who encourage, participate in or attract sleazy behavior, drugs, prostitution, fighting and even gunplay. (Yes, these have all happened at Havasu)These are the people who must have the right to do whatever they want wherever they want whether it's legal or not and you better take your children elsewhere if you don't like it. I think I know which crowd I'd rather have parked next to me at the Sandbar.

1stepcloser
    http://www.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif
    Well put.
    I agree completely.

Kachina26
    Well, even though you are right, these are the facts of life. If you want to take the family, like I do, find a cove. Or for that matter, just about anywhere on the lake except the sandbar the channel or Copper. LE can't be everywhere and you can't legislate morality.

haulina29
    There needs to be a new law in the channnel and at the sanbar on who can wear a g string and who cant , lol , most of the chicks wearing them are just flat nasty and a lot of older girls wearing you wonder what the hell are they thinking . A hard body 20 year old is one thing but a fat ass old lady just is flat nasty .

Mr.Havasu
    Well Said!
    However, Havasu has become what it has become. That being said, If you have young kids you don't want exposed to questionable behavior than the channel or the sand bar should probably be avoided during the Holidays.
    Last 4th of July we parked next to a Family in the Channel with our Grown Children(24 & 26) we did the neighborly thing and offered the parents a beer and some Jello shots. All we got the rest of the day was disgusted looks from them for drinking. We weren't loud and obnoxious, we weren't nude or anything close to it. They were sitting in the channel on a holiday and were upset that people around them had the nerve to party.
    There are plenty of private coves and camp site all along the shores for families to gather if they don't want to expose their children to what has become Havasu on a busy weekend.
    You don't have to leave, but don't arrive to a party and get upset because the party isn't what you wanted it to be. We all have choices to make, some choose not to expose their children to the sand bar etc. on Holiday weekends.
    Michele

mtndewdrops
    I agree, so take your drunken sexfest somewhere else...like my house. LOL

twistedpair
    Originally posted by haulina29
    There needs to be a new law in the channnel and at the sanbar on who can wear a g string and who cant , lol , most of the chicks wearing them are just flat nasty and a lot of older girls wearing you wonder what the hell are they thinking . A hard body 20 year old is one thing but a fat ass old lady just is flat nasty .
    Place your hands out in front of you, palms down.
    Extend your thumbs towards each other until they touch.
    Extend you little fingers straight out away from your body.
    Curl all other fingers under.
    You now have a fully functioning set of "Butt Calipers". Anybody who cannot fit their butt (or at minimum, waist) inside this device, has no business wearing a thong.

Debbolas
    We usually stay at Park Moabi, drive up to the sandbar, the bridge and back. We do this during the week. I tried to go on a weekend once. It was too crowded and we couldn't pull the kids on tubes for all the boats/ski's. No biggie, we bring our kids during the week.
    I am looking forward to OP6C without my kids, but most of our vacations are with our kids and we will just avoid "popular" places.
    (Well we are going to Lake Mead for Memorial and I don't know what to expect!)

twistedpair
    Deb, Mead is pretty tame. Only a couple real 'party beaches', and the cops keep a real close eye on them. Expect low water levels (I wouldn't even go into Las Vegas bay). And bring your DD, memorial day is generally when they set up the checkpoints, both on and off the water.

Debbolas
    sorry for the thread jack...........
    Thanks, good to know. We are going to the Hacienda. I have never been there before, hoping to meet some cool peeps from the board. We will Designate!

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast