Thread: Plumbing For Cooling

BCJETTER
    JUST ABOUT TO PLUMB IN A OIL COOLER. WILL BE HEADERS, INTERCOOLER, OIL COOLER AND THE GOOD OLD MOTOR. WILL ALSO BE INSTALLING A PRESSURE CONTROL VALVE. WHATS THE BEST FLOW PATH FOR ALL THIS

Cheap Thrills
    Since you havent gotten any replies leme give it a whirl .
    Heres how I would run it . I wouldnt want to run it through the oil cooler or block first . Intercooler first cooler mix atomizes and ignites better .
    second in line would be the oil cooler , then the block .
    Knowing myself I would probobly get weird with it and run the intercooler and the oil cooler by themselfs on a bypass line that flowed constantly . and run the block on its own with another line from the pump maybe with a T and a couple of ball valves .
    but what do I know ?
    Good Luck .
    C.T. :wink:

Aluminum Squirt
    Somebody had a project posted a couple of weeks ago that would work great for you. They had their regular water system but on their ride plate they mounted what looked like a v-drive water pickup that forced water through a separate system(I think it was for their oil cooler). Go fast=lots of water, go slow=a little water. I'm not very familiar with blowers or intercoolers, but this system would force nice cool lake water through your intercooler and the faster you go the more water you would flow. Not sure if this is something you want/need to keep water flowing through when you slow down, but its a thought-Aluminum Squirt
    PS-My system is nice and simple, pump-oil cooler-motor-dumps (dry headers), if that helps at all

Aluminum Squirt
    Found it
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/showth...threadid=46346
    I have no idea if this the right way to post a link, but here goes-Aluminum Squirt

superdave013
    On Cylcone's boat Jack @ MPD drilled and tapped a new port for the intercooler. Don't ask me why he put it where he did but here is a pic of it.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...G_1513-med.JPG
    From there he went to a big regulator (from Graniger) then to his cooler and dumped out the back.
    p.s. When you get your list of fittings and hose together let me know. I just might be able to save you some coin even with shipping and a lil import duty.