Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enderle fuel pump

Big Boys Toy PE857
    How can you tell if an Enderle 110 cam driven fuel pump is starting to lay down? My motor is difficult to start, never was before, and doesn't seem to be putting alcohol in the inj hat. When you prime the hat it will run for a few seconds and seems to be putting quite a lot of fuel back in to the tank. But it does not seem to be getting to the distribution block or the hat nozzles, (no Port Nozzles).
    I changed the idle check with a brand new one and made no difference. I have a fresh 80 a pump that I'm planning on trying to see if it makes any difference. Would you guys feel safe running an 80a on a 1000 hp alc inj 505 BBC. I've seen it done but am worried about too lean. Not sure I've got the time or money to order a new 110 pump before our next race 8-23-03, especially if thats not the problem. By the way the last couple passes on the boat the motor seemed lean and water temps went way up going back to the out ramp, but it did seem to use about the same amount of fuel for the pass.
    Thanks.
    PS DC 066 Reckon you might lend a guy your pump?

GofastRacer
    That is an indication the pump is going away. If it does run, you could tee in a pressure guage and see what the pressure is??..
    I don't know how the 80-A would work on a 505, I have only seen it with a 440 on alky and it worked. I just had mine flowed, if you have flow numbers on the 110, you can compare them to mine, give you an idea if you want to try it or not. It's always better to have a bigger pump than a small one!.....
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/505/12Enderle_80-A.jpg[/img]

MAXIMUS
    Sounds like you need to disassemble the system & check for debrie in the nozzels & lines. I would clean & inspect the entire system before making any costly decisions! wink

Infomaniac
    I would agree about looking for debris. Also look at the nozzles for obstructions.
    How do you shut it down? A valve that just blocks the fuel to the barrel valve will damage the pump.
    It is best to bypass the fuel to the tank to shut it down.
    Some bypass type shut down valves can become mis-adjusted and partially restrict flow to the barrel valve.
    [ August 14, 2003, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: Infomaniac ]

hydro066
    The pump's on the way. You should get it Tues.
    Good luck,
    John

Fiat48
    80A pumps have worked fine for 522 Inch blown alcohol drag car and 2 509's I have in drag boats. But a good 80a pump flows 7 gpm. Main jets will be in the 60 to 80 area. Another note: all my pumps when fresh seem to start easier and hold prime better, but that goes away after about 10 starts.

Big Boys Toy PE857
    Thanks for the help guys. I recieved the loaner pump from John in Florida, (thanks John), put it on and seemed to have same problem starting. I think my barrell valve was out of adjustment and was not letting fuel from the idle slot of the spool in to the distribution block on the hat. I fooled with this a little and rotated it backwards and things started working fine, (I hope).
    Going to river test it today. Then get ready to kick butt in Ky this weekend. Just kiddin' you other 8 sec guys, take it easy on me.

GofastRacer
    Fiat48:
    80A pumps have worked fine for 522 Inch blown alcohol drag car and 2 509's I have in drag boats. But a good 80a pump flows 7 gpm. Main jets will be in the 60 to 80 area. Another note: all my pumps when fresh seem to start easier and hold prime better, but that goes away after about 10 starts. Which pump do you use?, the 80-A comes in a -00, -0, -1. Mine don't hold prime either, that's why I use a surge tank and an Easy Start valve!..

Fiat48
    All mine are -1's. I like the little pumps rather than a 110 as the tune is simple and I don't have to run a high speed. I have a start system also on the boat, but with the drag car we just squirt it.
    Enderle also makes an in between pump called a 1100 as I remember. Beleive it puts out 9 gallons per minute. I'm going to try one of those on the drag car if we get into a fuel supply problem. But so far we have run 24% over with a good alcohol 8-71 and still have enough fuel with a .060 pill. Just seeing how far I can push the little pump.

GofastRacer
    Yeah sometimes a big pump can be a pain, I used one before and had to add a pump sizer to bring it down. Of course too small a pump can result in a meltdown too!. Is your pumps marked -1's??, mine just says 80-A, I've no idea which one it is. I have a new Crower and it's marked though??...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast