Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prop Selection Help

roln 20s
    Alright, the new Mach 26 is great but now I need a little prop help.
    Running the Merc HO, 1.5 gears on Bravo 1X, spinning a stock bravo 26--only seeing 4750rpm at 71mph. Right out of the gate, of course I am happy, but I also want to get a prop for the last 400rpm.
    What do you think I need? Whatever prop it is, I want to use it all the time as a great all around prop.
    Thinking of trying the new 24 pitch maximus--any thoughts or know where I can test one out before I drop a Grand?
    Thanks,
    Patrick

Kilrtoy
    what does dave say......
    I would try a Bravo 24 first
    I may know someone who has one ...

TOBTEK
    before you go spending a bunch of money. Find someone willing to let you borrow their 26 LABBED bravo, that will make a difference. Then if that doesn't work try a labbed 24. "IF" you try a maximus, you will need to go smaller than a 24. More like a 21, the extra blade makes a huge difference ( from what I was told) good luck! and where are all the pics from the weekend :argue:

THOR
    Try a 26 labbed first like what was said before. Also, from what I hear, the Maximus props are very hard on drives. I am about ready to pull the trigger on a 5 blade now Pat. If I do I can let you borrow it if you like. Just let me know. Also, my 26 is labbed so if you want to borrow that then holla!

TOBTEK
    Try a 26 labbed first like what was said before. Also, from what I hear, the Maximus props are very hard on drives. I am about ready to pull the trigger on a 5 blade now Pat. If I do I can let you borrow it if you like. Just let me know. Also, my 26 is labbed so if you want to borrow that then holla!
    I have a set of 28 maximus's... let me know if you want to try them. Better then buying them first :cry:

yeah,right
    Alright, the new Mach 26 is great but now I need a little prop help.
    Running the Merc HO, 1.5 gears on Bravo 1X, spinning a stock bravo 26--only seeing 4750rpm at 71mph. Right out of the gate, of course I am happy, but I also want to get a prop for the last 400rpm.
    What do you think I need? Whatever prop it is, I want to use it all the time as a great all around prop.
    Thinking of trying the new 24 pitch maximus--any thoughts or know where I can test one out before I drop a Grand?
    Thanks,
    Patrick
    Don't they water test the boat before they deliver it at DCB? Or are they too busy mixing Kool Aid? I would have expected the boat to be delivered with the correct prop, but that's just me.

phebus
    Definately need a new prop, in the summer heat, you will drop a couple hundred rpm.
    It's stupid for you to have to search out advice on prop selection. DCB should be giving you a 24P to try, and see how it does. It's a brand new boat, and should come with the proper prop to get you in the proper rpm range for the conditions you will run it in, and with the boat loaded the way you will be running it.
    I would call them, and then expect to see a prop on my doorstep in the next few days. Didn't whomever took you out for your test drive notice that the prop might not be right?

Kilrtoy
    I had the same problem with these guys , when I got my boat the motor would only turn 5K and it was supposed to turn 6,800...
    Am I missing something here,
    IS THIS NOT A NEW MOTOR THAT MAY NOT BE BROKEN IN YET......

phebus
    I had the same problem with these guys , when I got my boat the motor would only turn 5K and it was supposed to turn 6,800...
    I thought the whackas came set up with a rev limiter that wouldn't let you hit full rpm's until you hit a set number of hours (or was that Rocky's excuse). The 496HO should hit max revs from day one (if that's how you choose to break it in). It really shouldn't gain any significant rpm upon break-in, and it is hard on the motor if it is lugging and not able to reach the proper rpm range because it is over propped.

TOBTEK
    pat and I JUST talked about this..... Im guessing that his 496 has a break in mode like our outboards have? He just should have skiped all the junk, and just bought it with OUTBOARDS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast