Thread: Nor Cal Boaters?

Riverready
    I'm heading up to Nor Cal next month for my brothers wedding and am looking for a place to take the boat? We want to spend a day on the water for is Bachelor party. He lives in Colfax so the closer to that the better, but I'm not afraid of a little driving for the "Hot Spot". So let me know what you guys think.
    Thanks,
    Justin

gnarley
    What kind of boat and how long do you have?

MOBrien
    Colfax is about an hour East of Sacramento. The Sacramento river runs right through Sacramento so you may want to drop in at Discovery Park off either Richards Blvd & I-5 or Garden Hwy and I-5. Look up Discovery Park on the net for specifics. Gets kinda rough if your in a smaller vessel though. The bigger the better on the river here. If you're running something smaller, you may want to look into Camp Far West...jet boat hotspot.
    Hope that helps.
    -MOB

acatitude
    Folsom is pretty close to colfax, might be easy

Riverready
    gnarley-I have a 21' Ultra and its just going to be a day trip.
    MOB-Thanks, I will look up Discovery Park on the net, I here is some great spots on the river!
    blowncarrera-How is Folsom? Is it a good boating lake? Any good beach spots?
    Thanks Guys,
    Justin

acatitude
    usually dont do the beach gig at folsom. if you go up the slow zone on north end a lot of folks just anchor and hang out

gnarley
    Originally posted by Riverready
    gnarley-I have a 21' Ultra and its just going to be a day trip.
    MOB-Thanks, I will look up Discovery Park on the net, I here is some great spots on the river!
    blowncarrera-How is Folsom? Is it a good boating lake? Any good beach spots?
    Thanks Guys,
    Justin
    One day for dedicated boating? That Ultra is an open bow with a jet? If you haven't been up here before and want the most out of one day I think leave Colfax at 7:30-8:00 AM and I'd tow 2 hours to Tower Park and let them launch it. You should then be in the water with full ice chests and head towards Lost Isle for a while. You might want to stay all day or could take a little Delta tour and come back to hang out. When you did leave Lost Isle make sure you take off your ID bracelets so the sheriff doesn't see them and get back to the ramp by 7:00 so you can make it home by 9:30.
    If that is to much there is a nice little lake right in Colfax called Rollins lake that can be fun, but nothing like a day on the Delta.

NorCalCat
    Originally posted by gnarley
    One day for dedicated boating? That Ultra is an open bow with a jet? If you haven't been up here before and want the most out of one day I think leave Colfax at 7:30-8:00 AM and I'd tow 2 hours to Tower Park and let them launch it. You should then be in the water with full ice chests and head towards Lost Isle for a while. You might want to stay all day or could take a little Delta tour and come back to hang out. When you did leave Lost Isle make sure you take off your ID bracelets so the sheriff doesn't see them and get back to the ramp by 7:00 so you can make it home by 9:30.
    If that is to much there is a nice little lake right in Colfax called Rollins lake that can be fun, but nothing like a day on the Delta.
    I was at Lost Lsles this weekend. Shitty wheather, but the strippers still came to the Island. Bachelor Party, Lost Isles for sure. Maybe think about camping for one noght at Tiki Lagoon.
    The Sheriff were all over the place, and they do look for people boating with the bracelets on. Dead give away!

Cas
    Rollins Lake is in Colfax, that should be close enough huh?
    Very nice little lake, very scenic.
    If you go on the weekend, absolutely stay away from Folsom unless you like you kidneys in your throat.
    Camp Far West is nice, about an hour or so from Colfax
    Collins Lake isn't too far from Colfax either
    Check out the Rollins Lake page in the Past Events area on www.laidbackboaters.com and you'll see quite a bit of the lake.