Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DO ANY OF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE......

nhbuoy
    ......OR OPINIONS regarding build/rigging quality of PROFILE BOATS???...SPECIFICALLY the 28' twin outboard(2/300X's)2001 CAT/"TUNNEL" boat???...Factory/builder customer service really isn't an issue, but any info would be appreciated...I'm more interested in build quality...handling characteristics...ride...lope/porpoise...etc...THANX in advance!!!................

nhbuoy
    ttt...I find it hard to believe no-one on this board is familiar with PROFILE BOATS???...

Mr.Havasu
    There was a decent one for sale in the back of hot boat mag. Or was that the new extreme Mag? Looked nice, I talked to the owner awhile back, before I bought my new boat,but he was back east so I never got a chance to ride in it.

Keith E. Sayre
    Back in 97 and 98 I sold several Profile V-Bottoms
    but no cats. They were just developing it at the
    time and I remember they were saying 90 mph for the 28' Cat with a stock HP500. I have a neighbor
    here in Havasu that has a 28 Profile Cat--I/O.
    He's only here on weekends though.
    What I remember about the Profile brand was they
    were super heavy-very thick-good riding boats with
    average quality tooling. But they were stout.
    Randy-the company owner is fun to work with.
    Good luck. If you want to talk with my neighbor,
    let me know.
    Keith Sayre
    Conquest Boats
    Lake Havasu City
    928-680-1400

nhbuoy
    THANK-YOU gentlemen!!!...I was beginning to think you were avoiding me!!!hahaha...I also heard they were laid up a tad "heavy",but the one I'm looking at supposedly does 104mph on GPS with the twin 300X's...(driver w/low fuel)...That taint bad in my book PLUS the $$price$$ is REALLY right!!!...Anymore info will be GLSDLY devoured!!!...Thanx KEITH...& ...WARLOCK...

mbrown2
    ***boat tested a 28 Profile Cat in March 2002 with a 575sc and it ran 86.8.....

dallas
    my brother just boutht a 2001 28 cat from randy. only had a week so far. but what i can tell far what he paid and what i paid for my 26 daytona he has done pretty well we run the same hp. or i may have a litte bit more. he is about 500 lbs more and he is faster and about 20 grand less.

TCHB
    I met a guy at Havasu with a 29 ft profile with a blown motor under the hood. He was very happy with boat and the overall quality.

Charley
    90 mph with an HP500?? uhhhh I find that hard to believe... the 86mph with 575 sounds about right... The lines of the profile cat are pretty unique.... they actually remind me a little of the new 27 daytona...good luck on the cat

Phat_Kat
    This is sorta outta no where but I was just wondering why nobody has tried a large scale "SST" style boat. like a 28 or something. It would of coarse have no real racing qualifacations but if you didn't like the CAT look then you could have the Vee look and the tunnel advantage. Just a little thing that I was wondering

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast