Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Beck Racing Engines

Sandbar Mike
    Infomaniac:
    Sandbar Mike:
    The Marine Assault Quad Rotor made 970 honest HP with 6-7 lbs of boost. The boat is going 130. Not many 130 MPH boats around claiming 970 HP. Stern drive by the way. Hey Infomaniac,
    Hows the dependabiltiy so far on your Quadrotor set ups? I'm interested in your 705. Is that pump gas? How much HP?
    I'm setting my sites on a new set-up for a canopied 29 Force.
    Thanks Well Mike the engine is very dependable. Trying to arrange another rocket ship outing tonight. The season is about over here in Oklahoma. Need more video. Actually the drive is the weak link in these deals.
    Believe it or not. (Knock on wood with both hands) The owner of the project engine has managed to keep a stock bravo behind it all season. With some driving tips I provided. Will upgrade over the winter.
    Yes all of the quad rotor engines are pump gas. The 540 makes 1,100 when the boost is increaed to 12 lbs. That was my target to begin with. Installed it in the boat with the 6-7 lb pulleys. The boat goes so fast there is no need to increase the boost.
    I need someone to step up and buy a 705 model before I will know exactly how much power it will make. It will be no less than 1,400. You can imagine what drive it will require behind it. Maybe you are that guy?
    Can bump the 540 up to 572 - 582 with no additional cost and should make plenty of power. We have 93 octane available at the pump most anywhere. 91 would be acceptable as I put very low compression in them. [/QB][/QUOTE]
    When I get closer we'll definitly talk.
    Thanks for the info, Infomaniac

Sandbar Mike
    DogHouse:
    Sandbar Mike:
    I'm setting my sites on a new set-up for a canopied 29 Force.
    Thanks Uh-oh.
    eek! Brian, The wheels are spinning and I can't make them stop.
    Help
    Force should have all three of there canopied model's complete for the LA Boat show in January,
    I'm pretty dang excited.

jackpunx
    [ October 16, 2003, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: jackpunx ]

DogHouse
    Sandbar Mike:
    Brian, The wheels are spinning and I can't make them stop.
    Help
    Force should have all three of there canopied model's complete for the LA Boat show in January,
    I'm pretty dang excited. I have no problem making my wheels stop spinning... One look at my bank account and they come screeching to a halt, right quick! I'm happy where I'm at. As stuff wears and/or breaks, I'm sure there will be changes along the line, but I'm trying hard to stay out of the "big dog on the lake" upgrade fever. Now maybe if I had a money tree in the back yard, my answer would be different!

SPECTRABRENT
    SandBarMike,
    What parts did your engine builder use when making your motor, block, rods, crank etc.?
    What was the cost?
    Thanks,
    Brent
    www.spectramarine.com

Sandbar Mike
    [/qb][/QUOTE]I have no problem making my wheels stop spinning... One look at my bank account and they come screeching to a halt, right quick! I'm happy where I'm at. As stuff wears and/or breaks, I'm sure there will be changes along the line, but I'm trying hard to stay out of the "big dog on the lake" upgrade fever. Now maybe if I had a money tree in the back yard, my answer would be different! [/QB][/QUOTE]
    I here you, All I can say is I thought I was content with a low 80's MPH ride, Damn I want to go faster. Oh Well
    Brian did you ever figure out what the deal was with your engine?
    Spectrabrent,
    It's a typical merlin block with Dart heads, I have a full parts list at home, If you pm me a fax # I'll shoot it to you. I think the cost of the engine was around 20K.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234