Thread: russell fuel tanks

elimsprint
    Hi All,
    I have an 1980 eliminator sprint jet which came with 2 " Russell Equipment" 9 gal. cylindrical ss fuel tanks. I just discovered that one of the mounts is broken and I can find no listings for tanks or mounts anywhere on the web. Does anyone know if Russell is still around and making tanks? Does anyone knows where to get these mounts, they look like a large, 6 7/8" ID, rubber covered clamp with a mounting pad on the bottom front and a small leg in the rear? Thanks,
    Kim

Mr Twister
    Try Moon (mooneyes) I got new rubber coated tank mounts for much less than CP or Rex. Good quality fast shipping.

hellman2u
    I had the same problem with the mounts in my 1979 Elim sprint , the mounts broke at the tabs and were rusted under the rubber. I had a fab shop make new ones out of stainless , then polished them. The shape on the bottom of the originals diddent fit the boat very well anyway.

monkey rage frank
    I got new tanks at Imco and they came with rubber mounts. They probably have them in all sizes,they are very helpfull by the way..

Rick James