Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need New Gauges

Lickety_Split
    I need some new gauges. Only half of mine work and the ones that work i don't trust for accurate readings. I was wondering what gauges you all were running? Is any one running autometer? I heard that you can have problems with them because they aren't corrosion resistant. What gauges would you recommend? Thanks

MudPumper
    Autometer has marine guages, check the Rex Marine site under guages. Pro Comp Marine

victorfb
    moon eyes guages are also auto meter and are made here in the USA!!! same price as all the rest and they look great.. we just bought all new ones and they're local here in Santa Fe Springs.

LVjetboy
    I like the Livorsi redline series. A bit expensive but that red led really gets your attention. They also come with red backlighting...cool looking at night. I did have a problem with their oil temp gage though...the needle fell off! They replaced it but who would've thought.
    They also have an electric dampened water pressure gage. Works a lot better than the mechanical I had mounted on the intake.
    jer

Rev. Williams
    I just built a whole new dash for my new 2 5/8 Autometers. Just be sure you buy the Autometer senders cause they don't come with the gauges.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...g_0333-med.jpg

vishus
    cool dash REV. how did you "build" it? can I get a closer picture?
    thx.sid

does autometer make a black face guage in there marine series? I didnt see any on rex marines site.

Rev. Williams
    Originally posted by vishus
    cool dash REV. how did you "build" it? can I get a closer picture?
    thx.sid
    I just started with a piece of cardboard to get the shape, then traced that onto a thin piece of aluminium. Once I had the shape right on the aluminium I cut that out with a jig-saw. I then drilled out the wider holes for the new gauges and put the new dash over the holes to transfer the hole diameter over.
    I then worked on a pattern for the flames and marked the lines on the aluminium. Once all the marks were in place I had a machine shop stamp out the gauge holes and rough saw out the flames. It was then just a $hit load of work with a file and sandpaper to get it looking good. Once it was clean I had it powedercoated to match everything else.
    I have a couple of work in progress pics I can put up tonight that should show it closer.

Wally_Gator
    What does anyone think about Hardin Marine Gauges?
    I am thinking about buying a set of them and wondered if anyone had thought or opinions?

Lickety_Split
    I am with wally i liked the hardin marine stainless gauges. Opinions?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast