Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: Boat length in Topock Gorge

Three Days Only
    Did your shift and #1 key get stuck or what!!!!!
    What the problem is?

Krumbsnatcher
    I am one of those larger boats and the law states you are responsible for your boat wake period. It does not matter what size your boat is!
    If poeple are being un courteous to other boaters then take a video of their boat and report it to the police they will right a ticket. The evidence is on the tape.
    I also think that it is the floaters floating in the middle of the river that leads a boat on plane to say what the f#*k was that guy thinking. When i float i am out of the way to edge of the river, just common sense.
    my 02.
    Originally posted by Roman 1
    I agree, the gorge has been turned into an offshore freeway on weekends. These guys have no concept of what they do to a low profile boat just trying to float down stream.
    Personnally I've been strafed at less then 10 feet many times by some idiot running 70 plus in his "Queen Mary" sized piece of shit! (man I'm building momentum now!)
    Keep the ocean boats in the ocean! Hell, I'll even compromise. Try this on...How about allowing the ocean boats 28' and up on Mead, Tahoe and Havasu below the Gorge.
    I understand that its not the boat its the operator, but these f--king primo-donnas are clueless!!! Or worse, they dont give a f--k!!

flathead
    Originally posted by Krumbsnatcher
    I am one of those larger boats and the law states you are responsible for your boat wake period. It does not matter what size your boat is!
    If poeple are being un courteous to other boaters then take a video of their boat and report it to the police they will right a ticket. The evidence is on the tape.
    I also think that it is the floaters floating in the middle of the river that leads a boat on plane to say what the f#*k was that guy thinking. When i float i am out of the way to edge of the river, just common sense.
    my 02.
    NOT really a good idea!! We need to "Police" our own!! If you involve the PO-PO, They will use it against ALL of us by compiling stats and coming up with outrageous restrictions, with no reguard for ANY type of boat, or respect for the regular boater that is doing it right!! If you don't believe that, think back to the new Calif. regs for two-stroke outboards. They are locking up lakes and keeping off all boats that do not meet the new regulations. No "Grandfather" clause or any other consideration. No respect for the guy who spent 40,000 on his boat, Just get out and stay out!!!
    And if you think that the PO-PO gives a SHIT about you and yours, Go ask any COP you know about what the PO-PO thinks about the public and IF you can get him to tell you the TRUTH for once, He will tell you that WE are the "ENEMY" and that any one not of the Law-Enforcement family must be doing or about to be doing something illegal!! IF he tells you the truth, You will need to know CPR for when he GAGS on it and collapses to the floor!!!

Tom Brown
    Black hellicopter alert.

mtndewdrops
    There is some major entertainment here...
    I say if you want to float down the river in your Flattie, then have a bucket ready. Face it, people will drive by and put up a wake that may swamp your boat.

Psycho Squid
    NOT really a good idea!! We need to "Police" our own!! If you involve the PO-PO, They will use it against ALL of us by compiling stats and coming up with outrageous restrictions, with no reguard for ANY type of boat, or respect for the regular boater that is doing it right!! If you don't believe that, think back to the new Calif. regs for two-stroke outboards. They are locking up lakes and keeping off all boats that do not meet the new regulations. No "Grandfather" clause or any other consideration. No respect for the guy who spent 40,000 on his boat, Just get out and stay out!!!
    And if you think that the PO-PO gives a SHIT about you and yours, Go ask any COP you know about what the PO-PO thinks about the public and IF you can get him to tell you the TRUTH for once, He will tell you that WE are the "ENEMY" and that any one not of the Law-Enforcement family must be doing or about to be doing something illegal!! IF he tells you the truth, You will need to know CPR for when he GAGS on it and collapses to the floor!!!
    Funny seems the police have their own problems........Interesting article.
    http://www.truthinjustice.org/CHP-perjury.htm

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324