Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help.. need an L.A. tour guide

Dave C
    I am going to Mira Loma on Thursday. Making a cannonball run from Norcal but I am not too familiar with the nuances of L.A.
    Mapquest says go 5 to 210 to 71 to 60. I will be arriving around noon and leaving shorthly thereafter. Is there "anything" I should know about these routes? i.e. alternate routes?? Or will I be alright?
    Also if time permits can I use Castaic Lake or Pyramid Lake for a quick test run? (anyone gonna be out there?)
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    gonna pick up this:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ytona5-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...aytona-med.jpg

SoCalOffshore
    Directions are not that easy. The 210 Fwy, you will have to navigate through Pasadena, stay on the right side. You will have to take the 57 Fwy South to get to the 71 Fwy. You will have some stop lights on the 71 before you get to the 60. That being said, you will not be near those 2 lakes, except when your coming and going. Good luck.

slink
    Dave C, Once you get on the 210 (east), stay on it,
    pass the 57 frwy until you get to the 15 freeway. Take the 15 southbound toward ontario/corona. You'll pass the 10 freeway then the 60. If youre going to Eliminator, take the 60 east bound. Eliminator is on the right hand side, two or three exits. The 210 flys, not crowded at all, just watch out for the CHP

Sleek-Jet
    Originally posted by slink
    pass the 57 frwy until you get to the 15 freeway. Take the 15 southbound toward ontario/corona. You'll pass the 10 freeway then the 60. If youre going to Eliminator, take the 60 east bound. Eliminator is on the right hand side, two or three exits. The 210 flys, not crowded at all, just watch out for the CHP
    Thanks for the info, also. I'm headed to Solvang from Tucson on Thursday. Was planning on the 210 west bound.

shaffewm
    Originally posted by slink
    pass the 57 frwy until you get to the 15 freeway. Take the 15 southbound toward ontario/corona. You'll pass the 10 freeway then the 60. If youre going to Eliminator, take the 60 east bound. Eliminator is on the right hand side, two or three exits. The 210 flys, not crowded at all, just watch out for the CHP ditto this...the chp on the 210 are on a mission...

SoCalOffshore
    Yes, stay on the 210 for sure if your going to Eliminator. God help you for Solvang! TAke the 101 North.

shaffewm
    You can use castaic for the test run...just keep it under 35.5...

Sleek-Jet
    Originally posted by SoCalOffshore
    God help you for Solvang! TAke the 101 North.
    That's the plan.

Ziggy
    Just drove that stretch today--was at Santa Anita Park...210e, 57s to the 60 and onward to 5 went smooth and traffic free at 4-5pm. 15 had major problems today, especially around Corona.

MagicMtnDan
    If you're on the 101 freeway and you're anywhere near King City BE-A-WARE! That area is the #1 speed trap in all of California. The CHP use airplanes and everything else they can throw at you. It's a cash cow for them and the state. Big time tickets. Avoid the 101 freeway anywhere near King City.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast