Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fan installations

phebus
    I still want to install fans for my amps, but would like to see how others have done it. If anyone has pictures of their install, if they could post pics, I would appreciate it.
    Thanks

riverbound
    Sorry no pics, We dont like to make the fans visible. POst pics of your amps and I can give you some recommendations on what we would do.

phebus
    I don't have any pics available right now, but I have two Rockford Fosgate amps (Punch 800 and bd1500) mounted to a bulkhead with no rear access (seat cushion back on other side). This is inside of a large console on a deck boat.

ROZ
    MBrown and 1step have picks of their fans...

1stepcloser

riverbound
    Originally posted by phebus
    I don't have any pics available right now, but I have two Rockford Fosgate amps (Punch 800 and bd1500) mounted to a bulkhead with no rear access (seat cushion back on other side). This is inside of a large console on a deck boat.
    If possible I would cut a hole in the bulkhead right behind the amp and mount the fan there. then what we usually do is take the back panel off the amp and blow the air directly on the circuit bopard of the amp. Technically removing the back panel of the amp voids the warranty but We can make it look like it never happened. This works very well in fact my boat is done this way.

phebus
    If a hole was cut behind the amp, and the fan placed there, it would have no way to draw air.

Havasu Hangin'
    Orvac Electronics in Fullerton has a wide selection of fans...and some grills, too.
    I just used a hole saw, and mounted the grill and fan on the inside. I've found push-pull very effective in getting air over amps...

77charger
    Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
    Orvac Electronics in Fullerton has a wide selection of fans...and some grills, too.
    I just used a hole saw, and mounted the grill and fan on the inside. I've found push-pull very effective in getting air over amps... I just ought a couple from them the 4inch computer fans for 2.95 a piece.They are right up the street from me.If you need some let me know i'll be at op6(pm me i cant keep tack of my post any more)

phebus
    This is not my system, but one that riverbound posted. I'll use it as an example of what I'm trying to do.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...re_375-med.jpg If you had amps mounted on a bulkhead like this, but had no rear access, what type of fans would you use to cool them that would blow air over them? I've seen the computer type, but don't know how to mount them to get the air circulation over the amps. Again, this is in a large compartment, so little fans can't circulate enough air within the compartment to cool the entire thing, so I would think the air current would have to pass over the amps.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast