Thread: Trade a 2b condo w/ b slip at havasu for houseboat rental at powell or mead!!!

King on the River
    I will trade a 2b 2b condo at the London Bridge resort complete with boat slip good for any holiday week (7days). For any (summer) week at lake mead or powell on a houseboat. I have pictures of the resort avail.
    Thanks,
    Free4all

summerlove
    Originally posted by free4all
    I will trade a 2b 2b condo at the London Bridge resort complete with boat slip good for any holiday week (7days). For any (summer) week at lake mead or powell on a houseboat. I have pictures of the resort avail.
    Thanks,
    Free4all
    It's against National Park Service regulations to trade or buy/rent a week on a Lake Powell Houseboat. Lake Mead is, I think, a different story, but you may want to check.
    On Powell, if I own a week on a HB and I want to trade for your Havasu condo, and if I get caught, the HB loses it's water rights and slip/buoy. It has to do with the exclusive concession agreement ARAMARK has with the NPS thjat says only ARAMARK can rent HB's on Powell. You can own a share, but you can't trade that share except to other owners within the boat's list of owners.
    The easiest way to get a HB on Powell for cheap is to buy a share on one and then sell it over the next season. You'll be out of pocket until you sell but then you should be made whole. It's definitely alot cheaper than renting. If you have any other questions, please let me know. I've managed a multi owner LP HB for a number of years and am fairly familar with the process.

mmered8299
    If I owned my own boat at Powell I could trade him rental time for his condo time:yuk:

summerlove
    Originally posted by mmered8299
    If I owned my own boat at Powell I could trade him rental time for his condo time:yuk:
    you could not legally trade your HB on LP, even if you owned it 100%, to anyone other than those individuals who are on the title/ownership documents.
    ARAMARK has really allowed the NPS to follow their desired set of rules instaed of those that are reasonable and normal. ARAMARK sucks!

King on the River
    Bump