Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: seat belt ticket

dimarcobros
    I got one the other day. Let me ask you this.....what is the big deal? I am not putting anyone in danger besides myself and it is my life, so what does it matter to the CHP? It is not like I was speeding, it was in traffic on the way to work in the morning, and if I did get in an accident at 10 m.p.h. I am pretty sure the seat belt wouldn't matter. I understand it is the law, but why?
    Can I fight this or just pay the fine and be done with it. By the way this is my third one.
    DMB

GrapeApe
    Originally posted by dimarcobros
    I got one the other day. Let me ask you this.....what is the big deal? I am not putting anyone in danger besides myself and it is my life, so what does it matter to the CHP? It is not like I was speeding, it was in traffic on the way to work in the morning, and if I did get in an accident at 10 m.p.h. I am pretty sure the seat belt wouldn't matter. I understand it is the law, but why?
    Can I fight this or just pay the fine and be done with it. By the way this is my third one.
    DMB
    I say put your Belt on, and its a done deal.. Your 3rd Ticket for not wearing a Seatbelt...:idea: What is there to fight.. Its the Law. I never wore my seat belt, then I saw what your face can look like after a 40 mph face meets windshield accident.. Not to good..
    *** Grape Ape ***

Brady Bunch
    I think after your 3rd seat belt ticket you have to go to the State mandatory SeatBelt School. I heard it sucks! lol

FastTimmy
    I always here the same thing and in fact say the same thing myself. I to asked the same question to a cop buddy and he told me this." It gets old scraping brains and waisting time because people only think it effects them. If they splat them selves I need to see it and clean it and I don't like to see it."
    Kinda stuck with me....

rivercrazy
    Its all about revenues for the state. Nothing more and nothing less. Revenues for the state = TAXES.......
    Things are getting totally out of control out there........Pretty soon you will have to pay to rip a fart in public...I hear they are banning smoking on public beaches and smoking in a car with kid is not illegal and subject to a $86 dollar fine.....I'm not pro smoking but give me a break. Pretty soon I'll need gov't permission to scratch my nads or pinch a loaf! LOL!

Havasu_Dreamin
    Originally posted by FastTimmy
    I always here the same thing and in fact say the same thing myself. I to asked the same question to a cop buddy and he told me this." It gets old scraping brains and waisting time because people only think it effects them. If they splat them selves I need to see it and clean it and I don't like to see it."
    Kinda stuck with me....
    That, and also, lets say someone who this happens to does not have insurance then the rest of us taxpayers are paying for the hospital bill for something that could have easily been prevented with 2 seconds worth of effort.

Jordy
    Originally posted by rivercrazy
    Pretty soon I'll need gov't permission to scratch my nads or pinch a loaf! LOL!
    I hear they're figuring out a tax schedule for both of those acts.

HCS
    On not hip on seatbelt laws, helmet laws, life jacket laws. Or any
    of that crap. The goverment needs to stay out of our business.
    But their not going to. Cause their assholes. So you might as well
    respect the law and wear your seat belt. That way they'll leave
    you alone.

Scream
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by FastTimmy
    Kinda stuck with me....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    by HH
    That, and also, lets say someone who this happens to does not have insurance then the rest of us taxpayers are paying for the hospital bill for something that could have easily been prevented with 2 seconds worth of effort.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And another thing, Who's gonna be left behind when you do get creamed all over the windshield or thrown from a flipping vehicle. Certainly not fair to them as well...Live with us bro, there's a whole lotta fun left to be had in this here world.

dimarcobros
    I always wear my seat belt when driving to the river or when I am going over 50. When I am driving around town I forget sometimes, or when I am driving to work in the morning in traffic. I don't think getting in an accident in stop and go traffic will cause my brains to be on the freeway. I understand it is the law, so should just stop complaining and put it on.
    DMB

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast