Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Perris Camping?

coolchange
    Haven't been there since the ski drags in probably '84. Is it still a dirt hole for camping? The daughter and bf are going next week end and I thought it was a bad idea. They said it was the only place they could get res. I said there was prolly a reason for that.
    Whats your opinion.

Garrddogg
    Its a toilet.was there prolly two years ago. BUT if its the only place they can get res for, hey gotsta take what you can git sometimes!

welk2party
    I have not been camping there, but I would not go!

BrendellaJet
    Dont let them go. The lake is infested with bacteria. Google it, you'll see.

RacerX
    We went a couple years ago (mid-week!!) and the camping spots were essentially all dirt but I didn't think they were that bad overall. The restrooms were clean and every camping spot had a couple tables and fire pit.
    As far as the lake goes, I still find it dumbfounding that Perris is supposedly loaded with bacteria but Elsinore is not. Perris appears to be 100 times cleaner than Elsinore. I have a friend that gets an ear infection EVERY time we go to Elsinore but nobody has ever got sick going to Perris.
    All that ssaid, I would NEVER go to Perris on a weekend. It seems that every hoodlum within 100 miles rents a jet-ski or borrows a boat and then wreaks havoc on the lake. We go on weekdays only and there is usually about 10-15 people fishing with boats and 3-4 other wakeboarders.

coolchange
    Thanx for the heads up everyone.-Bruce

dmontzsta
    I live 10 minutes from there. It is not that bad at all. Actually, the water is clean looking, you can walk out in it and see the bottom for a good ways. The shore day camping is spread nicely so nobody can crowd each other. They are a little strict, but you should be alright. I like the lake overall, trust me...just go and you will not be mad.

Commander460
    I was there in wednesday, and it was nice. Clean camping, clean water, nice ramps. I enjoyed it...

C-2
    Nice campgrounds, have had a lot of fun there is the DISTANT past.
    Now you gotta watch out for the park Nazi's - NO BEER.
    The water looks nice, but apparently has more of the bad yuk than any other lake around. If you're floating out by the damn and only dangling your feet over - I don't see how that's a problem.

BrendellaJet
    I think the problem with elsinore is lots of algae, not a lot of oxygen(red tide frequently a problem it seems). Id rather have algae than bacteria...Just dont go in the water! Thats just gross...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast