Thread: Flea Market amps

Cheap Thrills
    I was at the local flea market the other week and happened across alot of goodies , two of wich were amplifiers that looked well used . I didnt expect them to work even though the seller assured me they did but at $10.00 for both I figured they werent beyond the risk .
    on the top a Pioneer GMX-304 4 ch. and on the bottom a Kenwood KAC-606 2 ch.
    Just as I had thought both DOA .
    easy fix on both they had been subject to reverse polarity on the power obviously without fuse protection and suffered minor circut board damage and a toasted safety diodes . A little solder here . A new diode there and VIOLA nothing like having a couple extra disposable amps on hand .
    C.T. :wink:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...t_find-med.JPG

ESB
    So youve got 2 new/used amps for less than $15 all together.
    Cant beat that with a stick.

ROZ
    Originally posted by ESB
    That's why they call him Cheap Thrills
    CT, I use to do the same thing with product brought into service that people left behind... I bought a mit's 35" tv in 90 that was a year old that someone didn't repair... Sucker lasted until 2003... Best 10.oo I ever spent I resoldered a few IC's (nice to have a chip solder station ) and refit soldered a few points where the tuner pack went, and I was good to go

Cheap Thrills
    Originally posted by ESB
    Cant beat that with a stick.
    Yeppers sure did .
    one mans trash is another mans treasure
    Originally posted by ROZ
    That's why they call him Cheap Thrills
    I'm all about the Cheap Thrills
    CT, I use to do the same thing with product brought into service that people left behind... I bought a mit's 35" tv in 90 that was a year old that someone didn't repair... Sucker lasted until 2003... Best 10.oo I ever spent I resoldered a few IC's (nice to have a chip solder station ) and refit soldered a few points where the tuner pack went, and I was good to go
    I have an SMT hot air soldering station and wouldn't take anything for it.
    Have you ever tried repairing SMTs with a Weller 7200w pistol? its impossible
    OK I'm going back to my boat project .
    check ya later

likwidsukr
    LMAO I will give ya 40.00 for both now that is pure proffit LOL

Cheap Thrills
    Originally posted by likwidsukr
    LMAO I will give ya 40.00 for both now that is pure proffit LOL
    Hey Dude where ya been hiding ?
    I guess you're getting ready for Anna HU?
    as far as the amps go I would hate to sell em to a friend for fear of something happening, kinda like selling a used car .
    hit the flea market and grab a couple of suspects . with the protection circuitry thats built in now a days you really have to F'up bad to totall one . unless you're in Have-A-Shoe AZ. with temps of 108 with .40 eleven wet drunk friends cheering you on to turn it up louder . J/K
    look around the flea markets /yard sales . if it looks halfway diecent for a few bucks get it and if it doesn't work
    send it to me and I'll pay the return postage .
    If it's something simple like these were I wont charge ya anything for the fix . and if it's not just buy the parts I'll take care of the rest !
    Have fun at Anna .

likwidsukr
    Originally posted by Cheap Thrills
    Hey Dude where ya been hiding ?
    I guess you're getting ready for Anna HU?
    as far as the amps go I would hate to sell em to a friend for fear of something happening, kinda like selling a used car .
    hit the flea market and grab a couple of suspects . with the protection circuitry thats built in now a days you really have to F'up bad to totall one . unless you're in Have-A-Shoe AZ. with temps of 108 with .40 eleven wet drunk friends cheering you on to turn it up louder . J/K
    look around the flea markets /yard sales . if it looks halfway diecent for a few bucks get it and if it doesn't work
    send it to me and I'll pay the return postage .
    If it's something simple like these were I wont charge ya anything for the fix . and if it's not just buy the parts I'll take care of the rest !
    Have fun at Anna .
    Don't you know that I am the "Elusive Reclusive" That is what CAS has named me.

Cheap Thrills
    Well , we all gotta have a hobby I suppose
    I see you sold the Toad . are both of the new ones you got up and running ?