Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roc's Firehouse Grill

Mandelon
    Last weekend I was in Julian with a campout dealio for my son. Julian is a little mountain town east of San Diego known for its old school charm, apple pies, gold mine and being one of the few places that get much snow in the winter.
    It is a popular destination for Sunday drivers and biker clubs. Last Sunday was some biker weekend there. I passed hundreds of two wheeled enthusiasts on my way back.
    But on Saturday as I sat in the Rong House Grill, two rather butch biker gals came in and sat across the room from us. One of them had on a bright red long sleeve Tee shirt. It said.............Roc's Firehouse Grill.........
    I didn't bring it up with her, but thought it was cool that I know who owns that joint. I bet she'd like Clownpuncher's avatar too.

boxscore
    Clownpuncher's is ***boater friendly. Exceptin'... they hate the folks from AHBA... you get charged double for a draft if you mention that "coattailin' organization. Seriously though, Roc's Firehouse= serious burgers and drafts. Support all ***boaters!

dicudmore
    where do I go to patronize them

al cole'holic
    Originally posted by dicudmore
    where do I go to patronize them
    ..Palm Springs/Desert, the filet is off the hook!

boxscore
    Palm Desert. El Paseo Dr. Half-way to Havasu for most So Cali's

dicudmore
    don't think its on the way from simi....
    but hell i'll drive anywhere once

al cole'holic
    Originally posted by dicudmore
    don't think its on the way from simi....
    but hell i'll drive anywhere once
    ..I've actually taken that route a couple of times and it is not bad.

dicudmore
    Originally posted by al cole'holic
    ..I've actually taken that route a couple of times and it is not bad.
    how would that be? out the 10

clownpuncher
    HEY MUTHA F$%&^!@. THAT'S MY SISTER AND HER BITCH YOU'RE TALKIN ABOUT!!!!!!!!
    J/K
    Thanks for the PM Mandelon and thanks all y'all for the kind words.
    Yes, ROC's Firehouse Grille is HB and RRL friendly. Next time you're cruising to or from the river you should stop by for a beer and burger/ribs/shrimp/pastrami sandwich etc. If I'm there I'd love to buy you a beer, hell, if I end up liking you I might even buy ya two.
    I've met a few members from HB and RRL at ROC's and had a great time every time. The only bummer is that most of you can only stay for a short while cuz ya still have a couple hour drive to get home. Lot's of great hotels nearby at good rates in the summer so keep that in mind.
    Check the link in my sig for directions and stop by when you want a break from the long drive. We're about 15 minutes off the 10 fwy and like BOXscore says, on El Paseo. El Paseo is the snooty street in Palm Desert, lots of expensive shopping, but ROC's is so casual that you can come in with your shorts, t-shirt and thongs. Our main clientele is locals (cops, firemen, restaurant people etc)
    Cheers
    Roland Otto Cook (ROC)

Flying Tiger
    Are you going to be working at the grill this weekend ROC?
    We may stop by.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast