Thread: GLM alpha replacement outdrive

mr45504
    The outdrive in my boat sounds like a coffee can with a dozen marbles being shaken. I'm looking at replacing the 1983 MR? drive with an Alpha. Does anyone have any experience the GLM replacement? It's cheaper than the Mercruiser units I've found. My boat has a 383 Chevy in it.

Chadzilla4ever
    I have never heard of a glm replacement. Is this an aftermarket company that sells rebuilt drives? If you are looking to get yours repaired, I can repair it for you. call me at 909-775-5158

Dr. Eagle
    I didn't know they made drives, they sell replacement exhaust manifolds and a "high performance" aluminum exhaust manifold. You can buy them on Ebay

mr45504
    I've seen these drives for cheaper on Ebay, but these guys have a pretty good website.
    http://ebasicpower.american-data.net...ory_Code=MER1B
    Has anyone tried these out? From what I read all parts are interchangeable with the mercruiser. Thanks for your time!

captainauti
    GLM does make new replacement outdrives. i have used them on customers boats and never had a problem.however, what is wrong with yours? have you had it checked? should you just replace it? there are many things you should check before you just replace a drive. let usknow whats goin on with it in more depth, and we can give you a point in the right direction.