Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ~ channel closed 2 days in a row ~

PlyaPlya22
    Dr. I was there all weekend, the layers of smoke was rediculous. When coming in form Thompson Bay it looks like there's a seriuos fire in the channel. I am not one for wanting to close the channel, but that shit was bad!!

Essex502
    Doesn't help airflow in the channel when they continue to approve construction along the banks creating more of a canyon. This keeps the CO in the channel instead of allowing dispersal.

chub
    I can see a day coming when the channel is closed to boats due to concerns for the "public" that live in the channel. Then they have it all for themselves.

Debbolas
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...his_CO-med.jpg
    This is the launch ramp at Hemmingway/Las Vegas Marina/ Lake Mead Saturday before sunset.
    Scream noticed this, so I took a pic...
    (Is all that smoke, CO?)

MRS FLYIN VEE
    yep.. it look's like it..

Debbolas
    That is a VERY shallow launch ramp, the cars were up to their (that little step on the side of the suburbans) to launch.

Havasu_Dreamin
    This is nothing new. Two years ago on Labor Day weekend that "cloud" was so bad at 5 PM on Sunday afternoon we actually walked up and away from the channel for about 20 minutes. Too many boats in too small of an area. Also, simply opening up the Sandbar will not solve the problem, it may alleviate, and even if it does it will only be for a limited time becasue there will still be a ton of people coming back from the Sandbar to cruise the channel.

Essex502
    Originally posted by Debbolas
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...his_CO-med.jpg
    This is the launch ramp at Hemmingway/Las Vegas Marina/ Lake Mead Saturday before sunset.
    Scream noticed this, so I took a pic...
    (Is all that smoke, CO?)
    CO is colorless and odorless...you can't see it. What you are seeing is all the other pollutants that you are breating.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12