Thread: I got a number!!!!

Danhercules
    I was at Martenez this past weekend and had a great time. I ran into Moneysucker and he let me use his GPS.
    I was just bout full tanks, Ice chest, full gear (2 ancors, and tons of crap, horseshoes,and other river stuff) My wife was co pilot. I made a charge UP river, so its not a accurate reading,
    I got 69.8!!!! The current was about 4MPH where I made the run. Thats puts me at about 75. For now I will call my boat 74, untill I get a run on non moving water and no crap in the boat. That is with no loader, rideplate, and at 34* timing. I am still fat on the carbs.
    I AM ONE HAPPY MAN!!!!
    I just got back from the river and I am leavin out of town with no computer untill Friday, So I will read when I get back.

wrightnow
    Congrad on your number!!! It feels good when you can see the results from all your work.....
    Mark

victorfb
    woohoo, good job dan. im bummed i missed it but im sure ill get plenty of chances to see it soon. atta boy.

That is with no loader, rideplate
    Nice work Dan. I take it that you got that miss worked out then? Sounds like ya got the horsepower now. Just think what some ride tweaking will do for ya.

Hustler
    Way to go Dan

HotHallet
    Right on Dan! Get all that stuff out of the boat with just you driving and you should hit about 76 or 77. Good work bro!

flat broke
    Dan,
    Congratulations on the new numbers. As everyone else has indicated your max speed will be even better without the passenger and extra gear in the boat. Don't worry too much about the up/down the river bs. When you go to race someone it may be going up, or it may be going down river. Since it sounds like the motor is now running well, time to start working airing the boat out a little. A good loader can only help, and working with your trim to find the best location for max speed will also get you a little less drag.
    Chris

Congratulations! I would think that you could pick up at LEAST 5mph by leaving the keg on the beach!