Thread: Oil Blowing VCs

Liberator TJ1984
    I need to get feed back on this ......when I run my motor hard ..oil blowby out breathers makes a mess
    ..I want to run a line from each valve cover to predrilled holes under my carbs in the adapter plate on the top of the blower...has anyone done this ..
    I have heard the oil into the intake will cause detonation ..any ideas ???

MikeF
    L84, This might not be a good idea. When you have an open line attached below the carb this will "lessen" the vacuum signal to the carb(s) causing fuel mixture problems (lean). Mike

737jetmech
    I had to run hoses off the valve covers to the flame arrester .Seemed to stop after the rings seated.Still have a little blow-by .I don't know about this causing detonation.You will need a p.c.v valve if you run it under the carb or you will have a large vacuum leak. Bob

blowngas
    give me a call and tell me whats happening---I have some evacuators, hoses and breathers u can try from my old headers--rw

Liberator TJ1984
    Thanks Ron, I will be around this weekend ...no big deal with oil just with stud girdles and valvetrain there is no way to put in baffles so oil blows out breathers once they get saturated..then makes a mess...by the way if I borrow anymore stuff from you I'm gonna have to rename the "Screamin' Bitch" to "Blowngas"

565edge
    you can put breathers or weld bungs into your valve covers and run hose to e-vac on your exhaust,moroso makes a check valve to go onto your header,or run those hoses to a puke tank,rex marine has nice puke tanks,or just run those hoses a little longer and run them over the back of the boat into the lake,i've done all three.