Thread: Do Trim Tabs Improve wake?

silver surfer
    Will trim tabs help to improve the wake for wakeboarding? A person told me that trim tabs will improve the wake because you can plane at a lower speed. Is this accurate?
    I have a 25'Commander Mil. and I want to improve the wake. I have considered buying the 25 Malibu, but I was hoping I could save myself money with trim tabs or some form of a custom ballast system. Any help or product recommendation would be appreciated.

Dr. Eagle
    I used mine to tow a wakeboarder with my 30' Eliminator Eagle, but they kind of made the wake wash out. But that is a pretty large boat...

Up 4 River
    Silver Surfer,
    Call Wakesports Unlimited in Orange at 714-363-9253. They should be able to help you out on this question better than I can. By the way, we talked some time ago about a couple of used surfboards for your surf team at school. Do you still need them?I still hvae them and don't use them. Let me know.
    U4R

spectratoad
    HHMMMMMM come to ***boat and ask how to make a bigger wake? Don't expect a whole lot of help from jetters.
    This is the sandbar though so ask away.

CustomCruiser
    Depends on the boat. When we wakeboard, my tabs are all the way up. This leaves the cleanest wake on my boat.