Thread: Are fireworks legal in BHC?

Unfortunately, living in SoCal, my kids haven't known the fun of lighting off your own fireworks. Anyone know if they are legal in BHC? If so, 4th of July only, or year round?

Havasu_Dreamin
    I believe they are illegal in BHC.

Hustler
    Fire works are illegal in BHC only if you get caught If your going to be there for the forth make sure you watch the fire works from the water. We did it last year for the first time and it was a blast.

Screaming Pete
    Fireworks are forsale at the Avi hotel gas station and they have an area for lighting them also and thier the Good ones not the safe and sane kind

Rod-64
    All of AZ is illegal for fireworks.
    The Avi........like stated above...............sells fireworks in the smoke shop. The $300 fun pack is pricey but cool. You should get your fill with that one.
    In Laughlin, you can set them off on the grassy hill at the Riverside near the launch ramp.

Moneypitt
    I'm sure boat cop can say for sure, but the impression I got was that fireworks, ANY fireworks in Az. is a felony.........If you purchase at the Avi, DON'T bring them over the bridge into Az. un aware. I'm not sure when the Indian land ends and the law becomes enforceable, but the Az LE people know what you went over there for and will BUST you.................Boatcop? Moneypitt
    PS pot is also a felony in Az and Nev.........

Boatcop
    Possession of fireworks in Arizona is a Misdemeanor, not a Felony. Still it's a Criminal Charge, with Max 1 year in Jail and/or $5,000 fine.
    It's also a Federal Offense to possess or use fireworks on any Federal BLM (or National Park) land, now that fire restrictions are in effect. $1,000 fine and or a year in jail, plus the cost of fighting any fires that the fireworks start.

Moneypitt
    Thanks Alan for the clarification. Still a criminal offense, with possible jail time.......Maybe it was negligent useage that carried stronger penalties.. Anyway, be careful, legal or not, and please watch your kids around fireworks of any kind........MP