Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I have a confession ...

FMluvswater
    I still listen to music on uhhh ... cassette tapes.
    Not only that but I really don't mind turning the tape over to hear the music on the other side.
    I miss the sound of the needle on vinyl records too (some of the songs I have taped on cassette were recorded from vinyl records and the needle sound can be heard ... I kinda feel emotional about it.)
    If you don't know what I'm talking about don't worry it's just stuff from in the olden days.
    If you do know what I'm talking about do you miss that stuff too or do you really prefer mp3's and cd's and such?
    Confession is good for the soul. I feel much better now.

topless
    Well FM, I'm glad you came clean with your dirty little secret. Now we'll have to find a suitable punishment for you.

Krazy K
    You forgot 8 Track tapes!! I remember listening to them on the stereo in the car on the way out to the River!! And I'm only 35! I've got a big box of cassettes, couple of crates of records and I wouldn't sell them anytime soon. I guess it's the sentimental value, hanging on to youth. Once I figure out how, I will be transfering my records onto CD. Some of the records I have you can't even find on CD anywhere!
    Ahhhh! The good ole days! (including being able to waterski at the river on a weekend in the summer!)

HammerDown
    Don't feel bad kid-o as I listen to cassette tapes I make up for my Corvette. Can't say I listen to vinyl much, but sometimes I dust off the ol collection.
    Maybe I'll install a cassette deck in the crapper!

What about 4-tracks. on the Muntz blue light. :frown:

FMluvswater
    Originally posted by topless
    Well FM, I'm glad you came clean with your dirty little secret. Now we'll have to find a suitable punishment for you.
    Uh-oh. Maybe I shoulda not told.
    Krazy K I thought I was embarassing myself enough about cassettes and vinyl records but since you mentioned it yes 8 tracks were awesome, too! They had programs and you could switch programs mid-song! My step-dad had Nazareth on 8 track (I didn't enjoy that music when I was 7 but I do now lol go figure!). I know what you mean about record albums being unavailable in cd format. I hate that when I can't find old faves on cd.
    HammerDown what would your theme music be if you did? LMAO!!
    Mike- 4 tracks? What are 4-tracks?

sidewound
    4-tracks were the reel to reels we used in the 70's. I mean that some people used in the 70's. Really------ I'm not ancient. LOL
    I remember stickin a matchbook under the 8-track in the player to get it to track right. Gees the gray matter still works.
    Peace Man!
    CESAR

Tom Brown
    FM, you forgot to mention the lesbian thing... or are you going to pick that up at your next confessional?

HammerDown
    Originally posted by FMluvswaterbabe
    HammerDown what would your theme music be if you did? LMAO!!
    Well, it would have to be some type of Super Hero toe tapper (when on the bowl...of course)!.
    I just came back from China Buffet so maybe I'll get some Musical influence during my next visit to my porcelain paradise...with wet-naps by my side!

FMluvswater
    sidewound when you mentioned matchbook jammed into the player to get the tape to play right I don't know why but I suddenly recalled a time my step-dad left 8 tracks on dash in the pick-up truck in the summertime ... not a pretty picture! Them things warped easily if memory serves. Maybe that's what made me think of it.
    Tom ... when are you gonna quit hoping for that? LOL! Nevermind I already know ... fine next week Tom wait for it ... just keep breathing ... I won't be held accountable for your death should you hold your breath.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast