Thread: Hull Question

BigMo
    I have a 72 hawaiian mini day cruiser with B cut impeller. Its been sitting for a while not and the gel coat is horrible its flaking and cracking on the deck of the boat. The engine braces are rotting out of it and the rear insid of the engine bay is rotting away. Can all of this be fixed or am i better off finding a new hull?
    thanks guys
    Mo

sidewound
    Gell can be re-done and stringers can be replaced. How much time and money ya got?
    Peace Man!
    CESAR

BigMo
    well money is a factor but i want it right so time is not a matter. how much and i looking at to get the hull back in running order? does anyone know any shops that do this type of work near houston? thanks.
    MO

sidewound
    If you put up a post asking for shops in your area somebody will post up and help. Maybe try the sandbar too.
    Money as all things is realative. It can be done cheaper yourself than hiring it done, If you'de said "money" was no problem instead of time I'm sure you would've gotten lots of PM's. LOL
    Good luck. If you use the search feature in the upper right hand corner you can probably find a ton of info.
    How bout some pics and we can see what ya got to work with.
    Peace Man!
    CESAR
    bebacklater. dinner'sdone.

ONAROLL
    as sidewound said pictures speak volumes, if yours does not work out, I have a daycruiser jet that is solid but needs a little elbow grease didnt want to "SPAM" it but it is in Oklahoma....

BigMo
    Originally posted by sidewound
    If you put up a post asking for shops in your area somebody will post up and help. Maybe try the sandbar too.
    Money as all things is realative. It can be done cheaper yourself than hiring it done, If you'de said "money" was no problem instead of time I'm sure you would've gotten lots of PM's. LOL
    Good luck. If you use the search feature in the upper right hand corner you can probably find a ton of info.
    How bout some pics and we can see what ya got to work with.
    Peace Man!
    CESAR
    bebacklater. dinner'sdone.
    well then money is a plroblem Cesar! LOL... im located down in Katy,tx right outside of houston. Ill try and get some pics up tomorrow. but thanks for the replies guys..
    MO

Jet Hydro
    My shop is in Kansas, I can do that kind of work.
    I`m booked till December if I get KChydro`s boat done by then. If you want, give me a pm and I`ll shoot you my ph number.

EASYSTROKE
    BigMo
    Nice to see someone else from Katy around here. Myself, Texasjet, and Baja204 are from Katy as well. May be some others. One place you might start is Mike's Pump and Speed. Mike sometimes has hull forsale or knows of ones forsale or he may be able to point you in the right direction. There is a guy from Spring I believe that knows a guy up that way that is supposed to be real good with that kinda stuff. His name is five-O. You could pm him but I'm not sure how much he visits the boards.

dawgdude
    Big mo I sent you a pm on my glass guy.
    dawgdude aka FiveO

73kona455
    if u decide to try and fix it yourself look over at scream and fly ( www.screamandfly.com ).. there is an awesome fiberglass forum there and there are alot of people that will answer any questions you have..
    bill