Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Open or Closed Bow

Nubbs
    I don't know if this can be answered because it depends on the person buying the boat. But, what generally sales for more? Open bow? or Closed Bow? I'm talking about used boats.
    Nubbs

MsDrmr
    it is based on a couple things, personality, and family.
    We have a 21ft closed bow boat and three full time kids,(somethimes four w/the eldest) there is not a lot of sitting room and is very crowded. Me personally, I reccomend open bow for intertainment, and company perposes.

HCS
    Closed bow is lighter and faster. Open bow's are heavier.
    For that reason I like closed bow. But in most cases open
    bow probably sales for more because there more popular.

mud duck
    I would pay more for an open bow. I like the extra usable room for additional people and junk (coolers, beach chairs, etc.). However, after that is said, I do have to say that I like the "looks" of a closed bow more. It can be crowded, and you may have some porpoising issues, but you look good. An open bow kind of says "family" boat, which is okay but not as sleek or smooth as a closed bow.
    The trick is to get a 35'+ closed bow and stow the ugly people and picnic junk down below so you have room but you still look good. (Wow, am I superficial or what.)

spectratoad
    Open bow if you like everyone looking at you if you are all going for a ride and there are not enough seats with everyone else.
    That is why I have a closed bow, Me, wifey, 2 kids and my dog. Sorry no more seats. Guess I am kinda stingy that way.

rivercrazy
    Resale for a open bow is easier. The difference in $$$ is not that significant. Usually a buyer will only buy their preference anyway.
    Closed bow for me! Faster, more solid, more storage, adult benefits, looks, not being a TAXI, etc. Most closed bow boats are also not cab forward designs which also adds a lot to the looks IMHO

Debbolas
    Open bow, so no one can dance on my deck.....LOL
    We stick the kids up there, and have plenty of room for everyone!

Powerquestboy
    I'm a closed bow guy because I like to sleep on the boat at lake powell and I really dont want to take 10 people with me 4 is plenty. I also dont like people sitting in front of me when I drive. Closed bow is better for running in the ocean. Too hard to air it out with a bunch of your fat friends in the bow.
    Open Bow = more room, better for day trips but if I was interested in taking a bunch of people out on day trips I would buy a party cat.
    As for resale?????depends on the person and what they are doing with it. Campers may like closed, familys that may take only a few day trips a year to the local lake will most likely choose open bow. It would be interesting to know the stats on what sells more.

Debbolas
    We were concerned about being able to see over our kids heads, because in our old little boat, it was hard. In our new big boat, it is not a problem, because the cockpit is higher than the bow.
    Debbolas <-------------Can't spell to save her life

BOBALOO
    All I can say is that when I was looking to buy a used boat the closed bows were way more plentiful and the open bows were more expensive and harder to find. I could have had my pick of a couple dozen nice closed bows compared to the few opens that had what I was looking for. ( motor, open bow, size, look, condition and price)
    I even had one guy all upset at me because I wanted an open bow and his was a closed bow, maybe he was having a hard time selling it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast