Thread: oil out of int. shift cable on bravo

RACER52
    I have been getting a slow constant drip of gear oil out my int. shift cable on my bravo(imco SC) drive.
    Has anyone else had this problem?? if so what o-ring was the culprit.
    I will tear down tomarrow but wanted to know if anyone knew the exact cure.
    I'm wondering if its possible that due to low gear ratio 1:25 that the drive is creating more internal pressure
    any thought would be appreciated
    Racer

phuggit
    PM Bre. I think she had the same prob w/her Eliminator.

Chadzilla4ever
    Oil coming out of the shift cable on a bravo can only be saused by one thing. There is a small seal that fits around the shift shaft that seals the shift cavity from the gearcase. If this seal is leaking the oil will fill up the shift cavity and then creep its way up the shift cable. Replacing the seal isn't difficult to do as long as you have the necessary tools to do the job. It does require a few mercury drive tools. Hope you get it fixed.

RACER52
    yep= it was the seal around the shift pin. It had actually fell out and was just hangin tough arounf the pin. Cant believe it didnt leak worse. Never even drained the drive bottle down more than 2/3
    Have all merc tools so tomorrow will have new one installed.
    Racer

HP350SC
    Yeah those o-rings seem a little too small in diameter to fit the groove. Even with transgel holding mine on during assembly it wouldn't stay in place very long.

RACER52
    no it wasnt the oring it was the pressed in seal arounf the pin. have the pull the top cap, rear cap, seperate the int. and the upper and then press in a new seal. The SC is 3 pieces.
    no biggie and now I feel good about the drive living cause everything looks just like when we put it together.
    I always use the merc perfect seal on the o-rings. they seam to stay real good.
    Racer