Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CANCELLING THE BLOWER SECTION!!!

GofastRacer
    Fiat48:
    All I can say is the best "water brake" dyno there is = A boat. I'll go along with that!..

HavasuDreamin'
    burbanite:
    Infomaniac:
    Lost a lot of credibility questioning dyno numbers.Not in my book..... That is what I was thinking.

River Lynchmob
    we have two new built 557" 10-71 intercooled with two dominators made 977 hp on carson brummett's dyno running on av gas with 8 lbs of boost these are not your average blower motors. according to carson an average blower motor is about 700 to 750 hp. (468 with a 6-71 non intercooled)

Infomaniac
    River Lynchmob:
    we have two new built 557" 10-71 intercooled with two dominators made 977 hp on carson brummett's dyno running on av gas with 8 lbs of boost these are not your average blower motors. according to carson an average blower motor is about 700 to 750 hp. (468 with a 6-71 non intercooled) He must be mistaken. That sounds like the average single carb pump gas crate engine.
    Where is that shop?
    [ June 24, 2003, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: Infomaniac ]

MAXIMUS
    Infomaniac:
    River Lynchmob:
    we have two new built 557" 10-71 intercooled with two dominators made 977 hp on carson brummett's dyno running on av gas with 8 lbs of boost these are not your average blower motors. according to carson an average blower motor is about 700 to 750 hp. (468 with a 6-71 non intercooled) He must be mistaken. That sounds like the average single carb pump gas crate engine.
    Where is that shop? smile_sp smile_sp smile_sp
    Carson is a good guy! His dyno has pissed off some local high performance guys in the past with the #'s. I had a friend dyno a small block chevy on his dyno then take it to Pfaffs dyno & picked up over 100 hp! jawdrop He is located in Pasadena CA.

MAXIMUS
    River Lynchmob:
    we have two new built 557" 10-71 intercooled with two dominators made 977 hp on carson brummett's dyno running on av gas with 8 lbs of boost these are not your average blower motors. according to carson an average blower motor is about 700 to 750 hp. (468 with a 6-71 non intercooled) Those sound like some nice motors!

Infomaniac
    MAXIMUS:
    Infomaniac:
    River Lynchmob:
    Where is that shop? smile_sp smile_sp smile_sp
    Carson is a good guy! His dyno has pissed off some local high performance guys in the past with the #'s. I had a friend dyno a small block chevy on his dyno then take it to Pfaffs dyno & picked up over 100 hp! jawdrop He is located in Pasadena CA. I know all about that stuff. I am sure those engines are right on.
    My point in the past proven right there. The dyno's that make the most power get the most business. At 650.00 per day also.

MAXIMUS
    Yea funny thing is I don't really know anybody other than his own customers that goes to him for dyno time. Even my friend was disappointed & said he would not go back! lol Carsons motors are rock solid!

burbanite
    The dyno was originally developed to allow comparisons to be made and used as a tool to furthur development. That intent is still there when you talk about the dynos that are not available for "public use".
    In my little world, each week we have anywhere from 8 to 12 engines that are run on the regular dynos, we use them to judge consistency and power gains relative to we had before. Do we care about the numbers?, sure we do but experience tells us whether or not those numbers ring true, the proof is always there on race day.
    Our engines (of a given spec) are always within 5 hp of each other at an absolute maximum and that is all I need to know.
    New specs spend a lot of time in comparison runs on the two transient dynos before they become available to test, it would be immediately evident if there were erroneous numbers.
    I have been involved with several different manufacturers in the past 20 odd years and know that fudging numbers is childs play to detect. Numbers are great to have but only as a comparison to whatever it is that you are doing with your particular engine

burbanite
    MAXIMUS:
    Yea funny thing is I don't really know anybody other than his own customers that goes to him for dyno time. Even my friend was disappointed & said he would not go back! lol Carsons motors are rock solid! That right there tells you something......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast