Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sanger mini day Blown HEMI for sale (spam)

Got 2Ride
    I made the mistake of letting my wife reply to your first comment and look what it started no big deal, I was lucky to get the boat but hell I just might keep it and sell my comp

wsuwrhr
    No offense, BUT isn't this how profits are made?
    Sell it for more than you have in it. That is how I run my business. How he got it, how much he paid for it(even if was nothing) is of no consequence to the buyer.
    I don't know the whole story, nor do I care, but it sounds to me like his-mother-in-law had NO IDEA what she had. If the boat is worth it, then buy it, if it isn't, then pass on it. Don't bitch about him making money on it. How do you know he is not going to give his mother-in-law the money?
    Brian
    [ April 13, 2003, 07:24 PM: Message edited by: wsuwrhr ]

lakesmodified
    wsuwrhr:
    No offense, BUT isn't this how profits are made?
    Sell it for more than you have in it. That is how I run my business. How he got it, how much he paid for it(even if was nothing) is of no consequence to the buyer.
    I don't know the whole story, nor do I care, but it sounds to me like his-mother-in-law had NO IDEA what she had. If the boat is worth it, then buy it, if it isn't, then pass on it. Don't bitch about him making money on it. How do you know he is not going to give his mother-in-law the money?
    Brian Brian, quite frankly, I give a rat's ass how much money he makes on it. The only thing that pissed me off was making the statement that I was going to take advantage of a family's crisis, and he interceeded and saved the Father-in-laws honor by buying the boat. Then he turns around and makes a huge profit. I agree, everyone works to make money, and I would have to agree that if he makes money on the deal, that's great! BUT, don't try to sing a story of sorrow and how you couldn't bear to watch some ones Pride and joy be sold for nothing, so you bought it, just to turn around, sell it and pocket the money! Like I said before, and I stand by it. Nothing has changed: The poor old man has passed away, his pride and joy was "SAVED" from my buying it for $8500, and it was kept in the family... However, all of the sudden, it's not important any longer to keep the boat in the family? PLEASE!!! GOT2RIDE, believe me, I harbor no animosity towards you.... But I guess you can say that I call a spade a spade! If you can get $19K for it, I think it's damn great! Like I said in my first post, "Great return on your investment!"

wsuwrhr
    As I said, maybe the mother-in-law had no idea what she had, the son-in-law sells the boat for what they are worth, and returns the money to his mother-in-law.
    I do agree about the song and dance of sorrow, that part doesn't make sense.
    Brian

superdave013
    Infomaniac:
    Hey you guys be nice. Moderater! haha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12