Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is the Best place to Buy a Blower Kit?

BigBoyToys
    Ok, so I'm considering a blown gas motor. It's alot easier just buying a whole kit I figured because it's more complete and less hassle. I plan on running around 7lbs boost is all in a 476 BBC (4.350 Bore = .100 over) because I don't want to heat up the thinner walls too much. Is .100 over too much for a 7 lb boost blown gas motor?
    I'm not looking to set the world on fire in this thing...just looking for around 800 hp (I already have the heads ready to go). Any ideas where to buy? Superchargers USA I've heard is a good place, but also maybe racecarparts.com ???? Although I have been looking on Ebay, I have pretty much decided that for a high dollar item like this, and as technical as it is, I won't get one off of Ebay.
    C'mon, someone point me in the right direction here.....

BigBoyToys
    I was also thinking about either an 8-71 or maybe a 10-71. Any thoughts or opinions on this?

blownalky557
    Talk to Jim Maher at Good Vibrations Racing in Whittier, Ca. I can't say enough good things about the guy, he will definately go the extra mile to help you out.
    Good Vibrations Racing (http://goodvibesracing.com)

GofastRacer
    Call Mooneyham, he'll set you up!..310-634-5192

Blown 472
    I bought both my blower kits from kuhls, great service from Kevin.

Fiat48
    We run lot's of .100 over deals..but they are all tall decks which are supposed to be thicker. If worried about it, have it sonic tested. Think about how little .100 is being removed from a circle.
    Remember that Snowboat had a couple of nice blowers for sale here on the boards. Also a "peak floor" manifold is preferred rather than a flat floor type. 8mm is probably the preferred drive in case you want to borrow pulleys.

Hustler
    If your looking to buy new Chief engines (http://www.chiefengines.com/index.htm) had the best price for Blower shop kits, no sales tax for out of state buyers and you can just pick it up at The Blower Shop.

leroy454
    I've recently purchased a full kit through Good Vibrations and found Jim Maher and his guys there absolutely brilliant.
    I'd have no hesitations recommending them to anybody.
    Cheers

Heatseeker
    Another vote for Jim At Good Vibes Racing. He was helpful above and beyond during my build.

Kindsvater Flat
    I went with Supercharger USA and they were close to a grand cheaper than anyone. There blowers come standard with 8mm drive and full polish. Those were all extra buck items at the other places I called. Everything on the floor was 2700 bucks.
    http://www.schoutenranch.com/mike/blower1.JPG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast