Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Line Help

KACHINA KEN
    Originally posted by Krumbsnatcher
    You will need to run a dash 8 line from your fuel rail to your pump. You said you want to run braided line ($$$). I just completed mine from the tank -8 to my pump straight -8 from my pump -8 90 degree to my fuel separator -8 90 degree out of my fuel separator -8 150 degree to another -8 90 degree to my fuel regulator and finally a -8 to the carb line.
    Total cost in parts $400-500.
    pm me if you have questions, where are you located?
    Yeah but the braided stuff is SOOOOOO sweet.
    Kenny

superdave013
    Krumbsnatcher,
    I plumbed that entier engine above in polished nickel for less then $350.00.
    The carb log was the only thing I didn't supply.

cdog
    Is it legal to plumb your fuel system in Braided Steel? I am building my second boat right now and have heard that the Braided Steel is not Coast Gaurd approved. I know braided is better and stronger but if there was a problem would my insurance she-it at the braided steel lines?

cdog
    bump

superdave013
    That's a good question.
    I'm thinking that companys like DCB use braided hose. Maybe they would have the answer.
    Another guy to ask would be froggystyle as he's building new boats and should know. I don't think you'll be able to contact him until Monday though.
    Anyway, spill the beans on what you're building!

superdave013
    I will say that AAA insured my schiada with braided lines on everything. They took lots of pics of the engine too.

cdog
    Thanks for the feedback. I used to have a Schiada 20ft. V-drive. Board member Brad P owns it now. I had all Braided Stainless on that boat also, but never had insurance on it. My new boat is a 29ft Shockwave. I built a pretty stout 540 BBC for it and it has a pretty extensive fuel system. I am running a Areomotive pump with the boost adjust regulator. My concern is that Braided Steel is not Coast Gaurd approved. Check out my pic. The boat came out of the mold last friday.

superdave013
    New boat looks great!
    I've seen your old schiada before. Brad's keeping it up very nice.
    That one looks like it was out of the mold that Howard later bought and sold as the 19'.
    My schiada 20 look alot different. More like a mini 21' RC.
    If you find out you can use the braided line keep me in mind. I would like a shot at quoting it. I'm in Anaheim too and I'll even do the labor if you want.
    Here's my old bucket.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...c01456-med.jpg

cdog
    Hey cool, your local. Give me your contact info so I can get ahold of you when the time is right. I call my old boat a 20ft'er because it was like 19.8. I guess I like to round it off. Your boat looks real nice. I, someday would like to get another Schiada V-Drive. Like a 21 river cruiser. I grew up with all of my dad's friends Schiada. They're kinda like a old Corvette or Camaro on the water, they get cooler as they get older. Let me know where in Anaheim and your tele #. PM me so it's stored in my ino.

superdave013
    I'm easy to get ahold of. Call me anytime on my cell at 714 814 2503.
    I'm also at all the Long Beach High Performance swapmeets. Space 670
    Dave Bottomley
    Sweet Performance Products

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast