Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: No more Cali for me

Bow Tie Omega
    Well, after being born, raised, leaving and coming back to, I am finally saying enough is enough with California and its ridiculously over inflated economy. The wife, kids and I are leaving for Arizona. We have found a home in a great, new master planned community called Power Ranch. 3250 Sq ft, 3 1/2 car garage, extra deep garage, huge back yard for just under $300,000. Only 2 hours from Blythe. The wife found a great job, I am transferring. It must be meant to be, we just started this whole deal 3 weeks ago, and in 3 weeks we will be there. Here is what $292,000 buys you in Arizona.....

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    WOW!!! Congrats!!
    Your new house looks awesome! Would cost close a million in Orange County, I bet!
    We too, hope to move to AZ someday.
    Best wishes to ya!!

prosthogod
    Awesome. I did the same 15 yrs ago. If you need a dentist , call me, I'm in scottsdale. Our trip time to Havasu is 3 hrs door to door. I finally talked my brother into same thing and he bought a house here a week ago, should be here in July.

MudPumper
    Congratulations on the new house and good luck!!!

RacerX
    Cool for you Not really "cool' because I'm sure it will be HOT but since you're moving from Murietta, you're at least semi used to the heat.
    I too was born here and have lived here my whole life (with the exception of 2 years at Kaneohe Bay on Oahu...living on the Marine base). The economy part doesn't bother ne too much though....we're going to make a KILLING on our house so I've benefitted well from that end.
    The (2) things that bother me most about Southern Cal is the traffic / crowds everywhere you go and the over-abundance of rude / question authority / push every behavior envelope attitudes in this state. I know you get that everywhere (unfortanately) but we have more than our fair share.:yuk:

Bow Tie Omega
    I know what you are saying about the attitudes, when I first left California, I did not know any better, when I came back, I saw it. Everyone who owns had made alot of money on their homes, but you have to sell the house to see any of that money, then you have to buy another house in SoCal , which is also alot of money. And then there is the fuel, taxes, groceries, daycare, pre school, private school......It all adds up. We will be paying $1000 dollars a month for preschool and daycare for both of our children in a professional facility. Here it is $1800 a month in some lady's home.
    It all adds up.

WILDERTHANU
    Ya...I dont even want to tell you what I payed for my place.....and its not close to that size!!! Then again, I love the beach way too much to leave s.cal....

BrendellaJet
    you'll be back.

Bow Tie Omega
    Yeah, the one big down side is no more beach, but the river is a little closer. Our entire family lives in SoCal, so we will be back often for visits. And with the annual Disneyland, Sea World and Zoo passes that my wife had to have, I refuse to let my wife not use those.

Bow Tie Omega
    Nah, you will be right behind me, you like your money to much to not be able to use it Besides, you have no other brothers that are into hot boating

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast