Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warning!!/water In Gas At Pump / Warning!!!

Big Proppa
    Was down at Big River for the Freeboard challenged deal during the middle of may - Filled up at Parker Oil just east of the parker bridge right after the highway patrol station. Started to have trouble with the boat, it would roll over on plain and die - wouldn't fire off had problems with it all weekend but I didn't think anything of it because it was just a test and tune weekend and I figured my carbs needed adjusting. Took the boat back down to DNE to have the carbs looked at, when Dave pulled them off they were full of water and had a white residue all over the inside of them. Pulled off the water seperator and it had already began to rust up from having so much water run thru it. To say the least the carbs had to stay with Dave and I got to dump all the gas out of my boat plus the 3 baby bottles I had. All said and done I'll probably be out 3 or 4 bills but as long as I can get these tanks all the way cleaned out everything should be OK.
    Called over to Parker Oil this morning, spoke to a young lady down there, I wanted to let them know about the water in the fuel she said (oh we already know, some other people already told us and I think we have the problem fixed now). I wonder how many boats filled up there on Memorial day weekend
    Hustler was having problems the same weekend I was, unfortunately we got gas at the same place, he thought he was having carb trouble also. He called yesterday afternoon and said his motor is now dead!!!
    Just as a precaution if you have purchased fuel from parker oil during the second or third week in may and by some chance haven't used it yet or have fuel left over in your tanks, do yourself a favor and dump it.
    You would think they would have a better handle on this sort of thing. Their are alot of motors way more expensive then mine that fill up there also - I wonder if anyone else has had the same trouble.

Doug H.
    Thanks Big Proppa, good lookin out..

MudPumper
    Bill, I filled one tank up at Parker Oil that same weekend and didn't experience any problems, but I also put a brand new water seperator on just before leaving for FC. I'm going to go ahead and change it out now. Were you running 91 or AV that weekend???? Thanks for the heads up!!!

When going to the river with my parents as a kid i remember we always pulled the boat to get gas. It was rare that we would run out in the middle of the day and need more but if we did, we pulled out and got gas off the water. One reason was price, but another main reason was this. Who knows what they put in those pumps!

Big Proppa
    Shaun - this was a gas station off the water - that's whats crazy - how did they end up with water in their tanks
    Mud - I was running AV what were you running

Cheap Thrills
    I thought I would share a little on the subject here.
    I don't know what you guys do with the watery fuel you remove from the boat , but heres a little trick I discovered by accident . if you have a chest type freezer put the gas in cans that will fit inside the freezer and let it sit overnight,
    the water will freeze and the gas wont,
    you can then transfer the gas to another container leaving the frozen chunk of ice behind . it's better than pitching it to the recycle or whatever . and at the prices of fuel now a days who can afford to loose 20 gal.
    C.T. :wink:

Big Proppa
    WOW! thats a great idea - unfortunately I have already dumped all the bad gas. Definately a good idea though

LOWRIVER2
    Thanks for the info. Bill. Would'nt be surprised if the water table from the river hits those tanks, who knows how Parker Oil plumbed them. Scary thing is they truck that gas to Havasu as well.

Big Proppa
    Whats up lowriver - hows the new place?.
    I wonder how much bad gas got sent up to havasu for the holiday weekend.

wow, that much water in a pump on shore! Wonder if they're tank is allowing water from the bed in. Hope it's now allowing gas into the soil.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast