Was down at Big River for the Freeboard challenged deal during the middle of may - Filled up at Parker Oil just east of the parker bridge right after the highway patrol station. Started to have trouble with the boat, it would roll over on plain and die - wouldn't fire off had problems with it all weekend but I didn't think anything of it because it was just a test and tune weekend and I figured my carbs needed adjusting. Took the boat back down to DNE to have the carbs looked at, when Dave pulled them off they were full of water and had a white residue all over the inside of them. Pulled off the water seperator and it had already began to rust up from having so much water run thru it. To say the least the carbs had to stay with Dave and I got to dump all the gas out of my boat plus the 3 baby bottles I had. All said and done I'll probably be out 3 or 4 bills but as long as I can get these tanks all the way cleaned out everything should be OK.
Called over to Parker Oil this morning, spoke to a young lady down there, I wanted to let them know about the water in the fuel she said (oh we already know, some other people already told us and I think we have the problem fixed now). I wonder how many boats filled up there on Memorial day weekend
Hustler was having problems the same weekend I was, unfortunately we got gas at the same place, he thought he was having carb trouble also. He called yesterday afternoon and said his motor is now dead!!!
Just as a precaution if you have purchased fuel from parker oil during the second or third week in may and by some chance haven't used it yet or have fuel left over in your tanks, do yourself a favor and dump it.
You would think they would have a better handle on this sort of thing. Their are alot of motors way more expensive then mine that fill up there also - I wonder if anyone else has had the same trouble.