Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Warning!!/water In Gas At Pump / Warning!!!

MudPumper
    Bill, I was running 91 but for the Price they are selling the AV out at the river I'm going to start running it. I'm still in negotiations with the dragster but I'll be calling you for any parts if I can close this deal. They are playing hard ball but I got a few tricks up my sleeve!!!

77charger
    Bill hustler also had 2 burned up pistons this weekend plus the carb trouble .This was already on fri afternoon

Cheap Thrills
    Am I the only one that runs a gascolator ? it's an aircraft water separator that goes in line before the filter ? seems Ive seen them in tractor supply places too. it may save your engine someday.
    Just a thought
    C.T. :wink:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...gascolater.jpg

Big Proppa
    I run the standard water seperator - looks like am oil filter - it was full of water also and had already started to rust out.

wrightnow
    It makes you wonder, if the was just a way to makethe gas go futher and make more money.
    Mark

Cheap Thrills
    Originally posted by Big Proppa
    I run the standard water seperator - looks like am oil filter - it was full of water also and had already started to rust out.
    I run the big separator filter also but I also run the gascolator in line before the filter reason being it will catch the water before it has a chance to foul the filter plus it has a clear glass bowl where you can see the water if it were to have some in it .

got any pics of it in your boat? How big are they?

Thats such bullshit. I wonder how many peoples weekends went to shit because of their "little problem"
    One of Wrightnows buddies was having some issues with his boat this weekend, and it sounded like his water/fuel filter was full of h20. Wonder where he got his gas?

Cheap Thrills
    Originally posted by Shaun
    got any pics of it in your boat? How big are they?
    No I dont have any pics of it in my boat but I could take a couple NP. it's about the size of an asprin bottle heres a web link that'll give you an Idea. Andair Gascolators (http://www.andair.co.uk/pages/gascolator.shtml)

Just a couple more points on water...
    I used to run VP exclusively because it came to the dist. from VP in barrels not stored in an underground tank. Made it more comfortable pouring it in my 25K engine. False comfort... perhaps but I never had a problem with it. Before that I ran 76 race gas but never seemed to run consistantly with it.
    Also the large Fram Fuel Separating filters (spin-ons) have drains on the bottom you can drain any water out (and easily check for water present)... PCS5059M and PCS5062M filters.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast