Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need good info on Fifth-Wheel travel trailers..What to buy??

ShowDown
    I am wanting to buy a fifth-wheel travel trailer and I have never owned one before. I do know that we want rear living area and would prefer an island in the kitchen area and I want to be able to stand up in the bedroomcand would like to have a slide in the bedroom as well as a double slide in the back so I am sure I need the tall version up front. We would also like a shower that isn't UmpaLoompa tiny. I am thinking something in the 30 to 32 foot range but might go bigger. We will mainly be towing it to various lakes within 80 to 250 miles away and setting it up for three to four days at a time but probably wont use it much if at all during the winter. Who builds the best trailers out there and what should I be looking and also what should I stay away from. Any help on this matter would be much appreciated. Thanks!

LASERRAY
    We used to have a "Komfort" made by Thor Industries. They are very well built. They are very popular up in the Pacific Northwest where rain is always a factor, so the fifth wheels are made for wet wheather, meaning they are sealed very well, corners are rolled, seals and roof are water-tight. Very good all around product. Oak cabinets, large windows, trussed ceiling, etc. Our 22'er felt alot bigger then it really was. We up-graded to a class c about a month ago.
    Buying an R.V. is alot like buying a boat. Don't rush yourself. Do alot of looking. Go to R.V. shows. Look at
    The R.V. Trader (http://www.rvtraderonline.com) . And shop around.
    Good Luck!

Cheap Thrills
    Avion makes a nice 5th wheel along with Carrage RV. both have upper end models with slideouts and the ability to have one custom made to your liking . I also like the rolling baked potatoes Airstream I thought that they produced a fifth wheel at one time but didn't see one listed on their website . but without a doubt one of the best T/T on the road . just an opinion.
    C.T.

LASERRAY
    Another R.V. Link For you ShowDown.
    RV.Net (http://www.rv.net)

riverbound
    We have an Alfa Toyhouse We kept the garage area open so it has a big area in the back where the kids can play when all the toys are out. I am very happy with the build the room inside and it tows really well.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...re_007-med.jpg

Flying Tiger
    Theirs 2 types.
    Full timer liveing type, and family vacation type.
    Price seperates them.
    I start with Prowler,, check out the others,, then go back and negotiate the best deal, even if it's on sale - grind the $$ furthur and make them throw in stuff..
    Make sure the woman in your life has a say in it,, and listen to her opinion. You'll be glad you did. Chicks have a view of the nest guys don't see.
    Just my 2 cents worth.
    Good luck,, have fun.

ShowDown
    The only two I have looked at so far have been "Mobile Scout" and "Hitch Hiker" I am going to look at a Terry tomorrow. I like the looks of your Alfa Toyhouse Riverbound.

riverbound
    Show down,
    We have removed all the vinyl off of ours now so it is all white. I would recommend having the dealer do that before you pick it up, It looks so much better that way. If you are going to use it in the summer time make sure you go overboard on the a/c we run dual central a/c units in ours (one in the back and one in the front) Also check to see if you can get the sani flush system for the tanks. It lets you run clean water in to your waste tanks form the outside and makes dumping a lot easier. We also had the windows tinted and it helped keep it cool during the summer months. We will be using this as our river house next year during the construction of our new house.

riverbound
    The Alpha gold is the same as mine but non-toybox it does have the rear living and is all windows on the back. It also has a nicer inside.

boxscore
    We recently bought an '04 Triumph by Fleetwood. The quality is a notch or two better than their entry lines, i.e. prowler and terry. If you buy a new one, please know this! The dealer margin is astronomical. The factory window sticker on ours was $56,000 and we paid about $42,000 with a second AC added by the dealer. BTW , we opted for a front living room . Check one out before buying a rear living room. You might like the layout of it. I think Fleetwood and Montana are the only couple manufacturers who make one that way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast