Thread: life vest

Anybody have a life vest for a little one. My son is 9 1/2 months old but he's fits most 12 month clothing so i'm going to assume that the jacket i need is for a 1year old. I know alot of you guys have kids and maybe you guys have one laying around that you have no use for anymore. Let me know
    He's a boy btw, no pink jackets

riverbound
    Sorry no extras here but go to wal-mart they have good kid jackets for cheap.

ya, was looking at overtons, they arnt to bad, anywhere between 20-50 bucks. Anybody have any comments/feedback on a specific vest? The vest must be the type that keeps automatically keeps their body upright and head up.

riverbound
    The one we have for my son is a "sea-doo" vest we bought it @ Parker Yamaha (paid way too much) but it was the type that automaticaly rolls them on their back in the water. It has no floatation in the back it also makes it more comfortable for the kids to sit in the boat. As a recomendation take your kid with you when you look for a vest and make sure it is comfortable for him. I bought a neoprene vest for my 2 yr. old and he will not wear it (it doesn't seem to fit him right)

manuel
    Make SURE it has a handle/strap behind his head, makes it real easy to pull them out of the water, crotch strap is good so that it won't ride up on him and some are adjustable on the sides so that you can buy a larger size now instead of a new one every season, we had one that was junk and he could not look down because it hit his chin so all the pictures we have with him in the boat he looks like he is being tortured, put the jacket on him and put him in the water to see what it does and how it fits, they will associate the jacket with fun on the boat and want to wear it all the time when they discover they can float,