Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Southern USA Event

mickeyfinn
    Anyone interested in a possible gettogether/party in the georgia area? Lots of nice water and the law isn't too bad either. Just testing the water to see if anyone is interested.

HammerDown
    You should post some info regarding lodging, Lakes and anything else related...because ya never know.

MANIC MECHANIC
    The Wife and I would be VERY interested!
    Let's try to put something together!
    Tim

mickeyfinn
    Lot of lakes and good areas in the Georgia, Noth/South Carolina, Tennessee area. Tennessee has some great rivers and lakes. Georgia has some of the cleanest. Lake Lanier is the closest to me, Very clean lake and if you get up on the north end of it the traffic is not too bad. Can even ski on a holiday weekend. Will check into accomodations. Lots of camping available but not everyone is into that.

waterslinger
    I live in south GA. We have the St Marys river. Never see river pigs.
    The week of the 4th we will be up at the Savannah Lakes resourt.
    http://www.slvpoa.net/sidelinks/map-lake.html

likwidsukr
    I'm game homes. There is a few of us up here in Raleigh

Cheap Thrills
    count me in , there's alot of nice lakes in the area . Kiwi 18,500 acres Hartwell 56,000 acres , Jocassee 8,000 acres, not to mention the TN river (My Fav.)
    C.T. :wink:

Foggerjet
    Yes! Lets'do it. Cheap Thrills has a nice lake up his way, Actually a string of 4 lakes, Thurmond, Hartwell, Jocasee and Keowee. I usually go to Thurmond, 3 SC state parks and I think 2-3 state parks on the Georgia side. In SC; Hamilton Branch, Modoc, Hickory Knob, Plumb Branch. In GA; Mistletoe, Petersburg, Little river, Tradewinds Marina has a store, Fuel docks. Fuel is good but $$$$, so we just pull 'em out and go to the BP. Keowee sounds like a nice place and wouldn't be as far to go for our more northern bros. right near the SC-NC border a little northeast of Greenville SC. I'll post up their website.
    fog

mickeyfinn
    How is LE there? Is noise an issue, what about speed? Is there plenty of camping or rooms available? Sounds like a pretty good location if they are "***boat" friendly. Would love to see something planned for the latter part of July.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast