Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: How fast is to fast on lake Havasu?

Bling Bling
    As I rolled by Copper Canyon the other day, looking at the gps and realizing how fast we were really going with 6 people in my boat, I got out of the throttles and could not believe how stupid that was. Now I know that I have not lost my balls, Slick tells me how big they are everytime he plops them in his mouth, but be serious first with your answers, before we all start talking smack. Take into consideration boat size, boat traffic, water conditions, Alcohol, etc, I'm curious to hear your opinions and the mph #.

DogHouse
    Originally posted by Bling Bling
    ... Take into consideration boat size, boat traffic, water conditions, Alcohol, etc, I'm curious to hear your opinions and the mph #.
    You answered your own question! No set number, just depends on those kinds of factors. Quiet day midweek, no traffic, let it rip! Typical busy weekend, back it down a bit until you can find a good stretch of open water. Holiday weekend, don't bother launching... just kidding, but you get the point. What bothers me more are the super high speed passes up at Sandbar or other congested spots on the river. Here comes a 4000++ lb missile hurling along at way over 100 mph, not more than 100' from shore and sh!tloads of people. Yeah it's fun to watch but a failure or poor decision in traffic at that moment could be devastating. I know I've pulled my share of questionable moves like that (well not the over 100 part... :cry: ) and thought later how lucky I was. Guess I'm getting old...

Three Days Only
    I guess doghouses replay sums it all up, Faulkner your moron, and very unsafe, 130 past the sandbar, 150.5 past copper canyon. On Memorial Day Weekend of all times.
    God bless you!!! Your balls are mammoth sized.
    Jeff
    Is that the answer you were looking for.
    What is the purpose of this thread? Tell me King Mosabe.

jackpunx
    I dont know... I think you should take me for a ride.. and I'll tell you if I feel comfortable

DogHouse
    Originally posted by Three Days Only
    ...150.5 past copper canyon.
    150 would have been ok. It's that last 0.5 that kills!

HighRoller
    It's all discretion based on the factors. What kind of boat, how skilled the driver is, water conditions and traffic. Like someone else said, the crap that goes on in the gorge WILL get people killed someday. I've been a proponent of a speed limit in the gorge for a long time because if people won't behave safely sometimes you have to make them do so. As far as bigger boats, people say they aren't that much more dangerous, but you can't tell me a 36ft cat is as maneuvarable as a 21 or even a 25ft bowrider. I have no problem sharing the water with skilled boaters in any size boat. It's these yahoos who write a check for a 100mph+ ride and have never driven a boat before that scare me.

unleashed
    Yeah man that last .5 could have killed someone. Seriuosly though if its fairly mild traffic wise I dont see what the problem would be with a good speed run. If you come up on traffic dont be foolish let off the throttle than wait for an open stretch. I know when you were hunting me down through the Gorge I thought you were nuts so I let you pass me cause there was just to much traffic and a little to narrow! I mean what if a drive lets loose(I know you have number 6's but what if you lost an engine at 120 or above) I just hope theres enough room to escape injury. As far as blasting past the sandbar I am more than guilty of doing what I would call an ego run. I guess like Doghouse said I've been lucky so far and so has most everyone else. I just hope it stays that way! Now are you really buying a deckboat?? Has the Nortech become more trouble than you're willing to handle. I mean I know it takes an army to launch and retrieve that thing but you have more than enough of your amigos hanging around your ball sack to help ya!
    Deano
    Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

alfonzo
    Originally posted by unleashed
    Yeah man that last .5 could have killed someone. Seriuosly though if its fairly mild traffic wise I dont see what the problem would be with a good speed run. If you come up on traffic dont be foolish let off the throttle than wait for an open stretch. I know when you were hunting me down through the Gorge I thought you were nuts so I let you pass me cause there was just to much traffic and a little to narrow! I mean what if a drive lets loose(I know you have number 6's but what if you lost an engine at 120 or above) I just hope theres enough room to escape injury. As far as blasting past the sandbar I am more than guilty of doing what I would call an ego run. I guess like Doghouse said I've been lucky so far and so has most everyone else. I just hope it stays that way! Now are you really buying a deckboat?? Has the Nortech become more trouble than you're willing to handle. I mean I know it takes an army to launch and retrieve that thing but you have more than enough of your amigos hanging around your ball sack to help ya!
    Deano
    Yeah, what he said!!...OLAY!!!

Tom Slick
    Originally posted by Bling Bling
    As I rolled by Copper Canyon the other day, looking at the gps and realizing how fast we were really going with 6 people in my boat, I got out of the throttles and could not believe how stupid that was. Now I know that I have not lost my balls, Slick tells me how big they are everytime he plops them in his mouth, but be serious first with your answers, before we all start talking smack. Take into consideration boat size, boat traffic, water conditions, Alcohol, etc, I'm curious to hear your opinions and the mph #.
    Good lord, are you that hard up for a tug on your sack today or what? This is obviously a thread that you started just to brag about how fast your boat goes, but it does reveal just how stupid you are sometimes as well. To not only put the life of yourself and the 5 passengers in your boat at risk and any innocent bystanders at risk as well is pretty stupid. What would you have done if you cacked a motor or drive at that speed and hooked that sucker into oncoming traffic? Even though you think you have the boat driving/throttling skills of John Tomlinson, I doubt that you or JT could save it at those speeds. Like others have said here, save the high speed stuff for when you and a buddy are out alone and have plenty of safe water to run on.
    To answer your question: NO SPEED LIMIT..... JUST USE YOUR HEAD.

Jrocket
    Originally posted by Tom Slick
    Good lord, are you that hard up for a tug on your sack today or what? This is obviously a thread that you started just to brag about how fast your boat goes.
    I was thinking the same thing.

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast