Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trailer hitches...

summerlove
    Where the best place to get a heavy duty hitch. Right now I have a 6" drop that I reverse and there's not enough support for my comfort. Any ideas? Thanks....

hboldno7
    U-Haul

HavasuDreamin'
    RV shop.

shadow
    Originally posted by summerlove
    Where the best place to get a heavy duty hitch. Right now I have a 6" drop that I reverse and there's not enough support for my comfort. Any ideas? Thanks....
    summerlove,I've got a stout one I've been using,towing my 27 shadow with.I won a custom billet one at op6.you can have my old one if you want.I live in Havasu and am in Parker almost every weekend.just pm me and we can meet up when you are in the area.

AdrenelineOD
    I got a 9" drop from uhaul and It works great.

summerlove
    Originally posted by shadow
    summerlove,I've got a stout one I've been using,towing my 27 shadow with.I won a custom billet one at op6.you can have my old one if you want.I live in Havasu and am in Parker almost every weekend.just pm me and we can meet up when you are in the area.
    That'd be cool....Do yo use the drop or do you reverse it? My problem is that my trailer rides high and I need to inverse the 6" drop and place the ball on the bottom of the mount, thus making the mount weak at the angle if that makes sense....I just don't want the mount to snap on my way to Powell next month...

Scream
    If you lived anywhere around here, I'd suggest Riverside Hitch. The sell the best Reese stuff. Nuthin fancy, just real sturdy equipment imo.

Havasu Hangin'
    Originally posted by Scream
    If you lived anywhere around here, I'd suggest Riverside Hitch. The sell the best Reese stuff. Nuthin fancy, just real sturdy equipment imo.
    I'd agree on Riverside Hitch- they were also the cheapest brick and mortar retailer around.
    I went with the Reese Titan (http://www.reeseproducts.com) (it's a Class V- 2 1/2" sleeve) and I bought the weight distributing setup. I installed the hitch in about 45 minutes- piece of cake...4 holes drilled and a torque wrench.
    Ever see a shank with a 6" drop that is rated at 17K lbs and 1,700 lbs tongue weight?
    http://www.highperformancecars.com/hhangin/hitch.jpg
    Shop around at www.etrailer.com, www.reese-hitches.com, and www.reesehitch.com. I got my hitch from etrailer (no tax delivered to my door), and the shank from Riverside Hitch.

shadow
    Ever see a shank with a 6" drop that is rated at 17K lbs and 1,700 lbs tongue weight?
    Nope but I got one rated at 10,000lbs

phebus
    Shadow, that hitch you won at OP6 is awesome. Lucky dog!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast