Thread: Any Attorneys?

mirvin
    Looks like I'm gonna have to sue my transmission shop Does anyone know or have an attorney who'd be willing to whip up a nice threatening letter for me?? I'm willing to pay for this service, of course
    mirvin

Dribble
    If you haven't already done so, then file a complaint with the Bureau of Automotive Repair. Even if they don't get your money back their findings can possibly help you in court. If the amount is under $5,000, forget the attorney and go to small claims court.
    Here's a link to file a complaint online.
    http://smogcheck.ca.gov/StdHome.asp

eliminatedsprinter
    Originally posted by mirvin
    Looks like I'm gonna have to sue my transmission shop Does anyone know or have an attorney who'd be willing to whip up a nice threatening letter for me?? I'm willing to pay for this service, of course
    mirvin
    Oh man, what's wrong are you still having trouble with the tranny on the motorhome.?????

mirvin
    Thanks Dribble. It's exactly 5k so I'm all set to file the paperwork for small claims court but I want to do the threatening letter thing as a last chance to avoid court.
    I'll log onto the bar and file the report right now.
    mirvin

mirvin
    Originally posted by eliminatedsprinter
    Oh man, what's wrong are you still having trouble with the tranny on the motorhome.?????
    Yessir....
    This one only lasted 300 miles. Broke down on the grapevine last Tuesday. It was ugly. I had to rent a motorhome in Bakersfield. Took me 16 hours to get up to San Antonio that day.
    I told the shop to give me my money back and pay for the rental and I'd take my business elswhere but they said no.
    mirvin