Thread: ATTN: WHIPPLE CHARGED (Dustin)

roln 20s
    Hey man,
    My buddy, who thinks he has talked to you before at the Sema Show (2001 or 2002) about a whipple charger for his Ford Van that has a 5.4 Triton in it. He is doing the graphics on the van in a couple of weeks and then interior shortly there after- many people have been interested in shooting it: Truckin and Off-Road has approached him before but he wanted to wait until it was done to his liking.
    Question 1: We know you make a supercharger for this engine, but will it fit under the stock hood (ford econoline)?
    Question 2: How do you (whipple) do sponsorships? He has had many before from previous projects: Air Lift, Line X, Boze Wheels, Toyo Tires, KMC wheels, Super Trap exhaust, and more...
    Here is a link to his website, its under the van section. Maybe this will ring a bell! I know you are probably at Sema now- but just when you get a second, that would be great!!
    www.streetboutiquecustoms.com
    Thanks in advance for any info:
    Roln 20s

roln 20s
    Sorry Dustin- he redid his website and the new van link isn't up yet. But here is the link;
    www.streetboutiquecustoms.com/van.htm
    One reason is his interested in the whipple is for the added torque when towing other show trucks, although this is his daily driver.
    Looking to put a body lift on it so that he can put some 44's on it.
    Enjoy- and thanks
    Eoln 20s

Whipple Charged
    We don't have anything for the 5.4L Ford engine.
    Thanks

Snowboat
    Dustin, where should I buy a Whipple intercooler for a BBC with a 6-71. Are your aftermarket suppliers cheaper, than direct from Whipple.

roln 20s
    Thanks Dustin-
    Do you have any plans to make one soon? He's looking for some more towing power?
    Roln 20s

BlownCole
    roln 20s check out the MagnaCharger I put one on my 01 Screw with a 5.4 and it makes great low end torque for towing. The downside is that it is a fairly complex install, but the quality and fit and finsh are very good.
    [ December 04, 2002, 07:00 AM: Message edited by: BlownCole ]

UBFJ #454
    Cole
    Have been thru Magna's site, but, would like to hear it from you ... How much HP/Trq do you feel you've gained after the install?

BlownCole
    I would say a 50% increase in HP, and the torque would be just shy of a stock power stroke, maybe 400 to 450. Very good bottom end torque, will spin the 35s if you nail it.

Jrocket
    RiverDave:
    Whipple Charged:
    We don't have anything for the 5.4L Ford engine.
    ThanksYou looking for a Navigator to do the R & D work on? wink
    RDNice ,very nice there Dave!!! eek!
    Hey Dustin do you have a kit for the V-10 Fords?

Jrocket
    RiverDave...have ya ever thought about doing an infomercial? I can see it now.....LMAO