Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cell Service in Parker

Waldo
    I am specifically concerned about service on the California side at/around Rio Del Colorado.
    The Mrs. & I are in the middle of purchasing a place there and instead of hooking up the phone there, I plan on using my cell since we won't be there full time.
    My Verizon is spotty and am getting sick of Verizon. I am either going to change plans with them or go to another carrier and pay less for a national plan.
    I searched this topic and the most recent thread was from 2/03...hopefully there are more cell sites and people that use their phones out there.
    Who's got what service and how does it work??? Thanks.

Jrocket
    check hot spots west.

LOWRIVER2
    Been at the bridge on Ca. side last 10 years. Verizon, Cingular suck. ATT (I don't care for them at my full time house) has always worked in Earp area. I run a hard line at my river house, it's not that expensive and I wanted a hard line in case of emergency.
    just my experience.

BoatPI
    I recently switched to Sprint. With UNLIMITED roaming for $5 extra per month. I cheked the service form Havasu to I-10, traveling on 95. I had a two mile stretch of dead area in CRIT area. Parker was excellent. Many spots were analog roam, but it worked fine.

jackpunx
    ATT works

MRS FLYIN VEE
    Originally posted by jackpunx
    ATT works
    Jamie needs AT&T then.. forget nextel..

BoatPI
    You may want to check the Sprint PCS again. It roams to a local carrier. And Nextel goes out after leaving Havasu until I-10, 65 miles away.

Waldo
    I have been looking at ATT and Cingular. Didn't Cingular just purchase ATT???
    ATT is advertising "double the coverage area". They have a national plan that is $20 less than Verizon and I don't have to pay roaming.
    People here at work are happy with ATT...anyone else have issues with them?

Waldo
    Does anyone else have AT&T???
    I was talking with a neighbor yesterday and they didn't care for the service around town. A lot of dropped calls. This was before the Cingular purchase.
    Anyone have the same issues with AT&T?
    Thanks.

MudPumper
    My girl has it and it sucks. Bad reception and sometimes she doesn't messages for a couple of hours. ???????? But that's just here experience. It does work in Parker though!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast