Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cell Service in Parker

Waldo
    I am specifically concerned about service on the California side at/around Rio Del Colorado.
    The Mrs. & I are in the middle of purchasing a place there and instead of hooking up the phone there, I plan on using my cell since we won't be there full time.
    My Verizon is spotty and am getting sick of Verizon. I am either going to change plans with them or go to another carrier and pay less for a national plan.
    I searched this topic and the most recent thread was from 2/03...hopefully there are more cell sites and people that use their phones out there.
    Who's got what service and how does it work??? Thanks.

Jrocket
    Love that name for some reason! I spend 99% of my trips at the RIO.I have Verizon and it will work decent sometimes and crappy other times.Down by the bar it will work if your on the south side of the bar.It will work at the trailer if your out on the porch in the right spot.Now the AT&T service works alot better than Verizon there.It will work almost everywhere in the park.Another thing about Verizon is that you will be in roam,not sure what plan you have but I have a decent plan and Im always in roam.A friend of mine changed his plan so he isnt in roam when he down at the RIO but it cost a little more.
    My 2 pennies for ya.What spot are you looking at?Row?Number?Awesome place either way.

Waldo
    As you come into the park it is space #85 (double wide) on the right hand side. I'd say about 1/2 way down. It is right next to Harold the maintainance man (I think that's what they call him).
    Verizon stinks when it comes to roaming. I drove to San Onofre from Mission Viejo today and was in roaming mode 15 miles south of my house!
    I've been looking at Cingular because they have no roaming with their national plans. I just don't know if it works out there.

Jrocket
    Your next to Harold the Golf Kart Nazi ?Best of luck there if you have a roudy bunch.Best thing is he will always be there,even when your not.Home security.Hes an alright guy,he just has a job to do is all.And it involves calming down drunks in golf karts at all hours.LMAO..Ive almost been thrown out a few times but I calmed down.Theres usually alot of parking space by Harolds as well.Good spot.

MudPumper
    Me and my buds go to Parker and yes the cell reception sucks. Between us we have Cingular, Nextel, and AT&T. Out of the Three, the only one that works anywhere is AT&T. Although I have found that AT&T sucks most other places.

Waldo
    Yeah, I figured there would be pros and cons having a place next to him. We are a pretty mellow bunch but like to turn it up on occassion. I don't think we will have any issues. I'll just come down your way, get kicked out, and then go back to our pad!

Jrocket
    Originally posted by Waldo
    I'll just come down your way, get kicked out, and then go back to our pad!
    Why wouldnt ya,I would!
    It will be just fine living next to him.More good than bad for sure.

i have cingular waldo and is dosent work at all past 4 corners.we just put a phone in and had a local block put on it so the kids dont sit on the phone all weekend talking to freinds back at home which they just left to get away from.if they want to call long distance they can use there own money and get a calling card.attt is the only cell i have seen that works wortha shit in parker.

riverliver
    AT&T is the way to go.. Good luck on your new place and watch out for that JRocket guy, He is bad news J/K :wink:

Waldo
    I have been looking at ATT and Cingular. Didn't Cingular just purchase ATT???
    ATT is advertising "double the coverage area". They have a national plan that is $20 less than Verizon and I don't have to pay roaming.
    People here at work are happy with ATT...anyone else have issues with them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast