Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gun Vote - Take 10 seconds to frustrate CNN

Forkin' Crazy
    To All,
    CNN is trying to do a job on gun owners. They are doing a quick poll asking if the assault weapons ban should be lifted or extended. Since mostly liberals support CNN, the poll is showing a huge loss to our position. So, get this out to everyone you know ASAP to impact the poll. It takes about 30 seconds to link over and vote. Do it right away. The poll wont stay up long. And distribute right away to your friends. We really need some help on this poll. So far we are losing almost 3 to 1. I think everyone is aware how much mileage the folks at CNN are going to try and get out of this if in fact the results show the majority of people want the AWB extended. Please take a minute to go to the site by clicking the link below and cast your vote.
    http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/05/....ap/index.html

OGShocker
    Originally posted by Forkin' Crazy
    To All,
    CNN is trying to do a job on gun owners. They are doing a quick poll asking if the assault weapons ban should be lifted or extended. Since mostly liberals support CNN, the poll is showing a huge loss to our position. So, get this out to everyone you know ASAP to impact the poll. It takes about 30 seconds to link over and vote. Do it right away. The poll wont stay up long. And distribute right away to your friends. We really need some help on this poll. So far we are losing almost 3 to 1. I think everyone is aware how much mileage the folks at CNN are going to try and get out of this if in fact the results show the majority of people want the AWB extended. Please take a minute to go to the site by clicking the link below and cast your vote.
    http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/05...y.ap/index.html
    The Clinton News Network killed that poll..

Forkin' Crazy

Wow! That was quick...... I just voted on it before I posted it here. The majority was to let it go. Funny that they don't post the results.... Bastards!!!!
    I though it was the Communist New Network....

OGShocker
    Originally posted by Forkin' Crazy
    I though it was the Communist New Network....
    I use both.

Wet Dream
    Originally posted by OGShocker
    The Clinton News Network killed that poll..
    I didn't get anything but an error. CNN sucks!

Forkin' Crazy
    http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/05/....ap/index.html
    Try it now... I don't know what the link deal is.

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by OGShocker
    I use both.
    ME too......

Forkin' Crazy
    All fixed. I have both links working now.....copy and paste was "F"ed up??

OGShocker
    That worked!
    Is this "fair and balanced"?
    WASHINGTON (AP) -- Nick Wilcox wore a button with a picture of his late daughter and spoke of the satisfaction of joining other gun-control advocates Sunday at a rally to urge renewal of a federal ban on assault weapons.
    "It's always gratifying to be with kindred spirits, and that's what this is," said Wilcox, whose 19-year-old daughter, Laura, was one of two workers at a mental health department office in California shot to death in 2001 by a patient.
    The assailant used a 9mm semiautomatic handgun with an illegal 30-round clip, Wilcox said. "I don't believe assault weapons belong on our streets. If people want to play with such tools, they should join the military," said Wilcox, who came from Nevada County, California, with his wife, Amanda, for the second "Million Mom March."
    The demonstration, attended by about 2,000 people, was much smaller than the original one, which took place on Mother's Day four years ago.
    Several hundred gun rights supporters also held their own rally, organized by Second Amendment Sisters, at Freedom Plaza near the White House.
    Speakers at the "Halt the Assault" rally reminded the crowd to "Remember November!" as they spoke mainly of a need to renew a ban on assault rifles that is to expire September 13.
    "We are working very hard in Iraq to get AK-47s off the street, to get Uzis off the streets. The president says we're fighting the war on terror by doing that," said Rep. Chris van Hollen, D-Maryland. "What about the terror right here on our streets at home."
    He also decried a provision in the law that critics contend allows owners of legal firearms to replace the housing for the firing mechanism and turn them into illegal assault weapons. He tied the loophole to October 2002 sniper attacks that killed 10 people in van Hollen's Maryland district, Virginia and the District of Columbia.
    "We need to close that loophole, because real bullets that killed real people went through those loopholes," van Hollen said.
    Another Democratic representative, Carolyn McCarthy of New York's Long Island, urged people to volunteer to spread the word about the expiring assault weapons ban. McCarthy's husband was among six people killed and her son was one of 19 wounded in a 1993 shooting spree aboard a Long Island Rail Road commuter train.
    "We don't want to come back here on Mother's Day again. We want to be with our families and loved ones," McCarthy said. "Let's do it. Let's make it permanent."
    Kinda one sided!

Wet Dream
    Thanks FC.
    Lifted 59%
    Extended 41%
    I wonder if CNN will air these results?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast