Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Racing Schools?

MOBrien
    OK, looking for experienced recommendations on racing schools. I'm not the biggest fan of purely turning left....prefer road courses. Grew up railing the canyons of Malibu.....Topanga, Latigo, Mulholland, Decker etc... Thats the type of driving I like best....using the entire gear box.
    Barber
    Russell
    Bondurant
    Bridgestone
    Others.........
    Where to go for the best 1 or 2 day open-wheel program?
    -MOB :clover:

YeLLowBoaT
    Not too sure about full on "race" schools, but this is close Link (http://www.raceplacemotorsports.com/)

MOBrien
    Not too sure about full on "race" schools, but this is close Link (http://www.raceplacemotorsports.com/)
    yeah, that place is fun...been there a bunch of times. But looking for the real experience. I found this place Bridgestone (http://www.race2000.com) , but I don't know if I want to go to Toronto for it when there are several other options in Cali.
    Anyone?????

Squirtin Thunder
    You can go over to Sears Point, Infineon Raceway they have some schools over there, right and left turn deals.

Ken F
    Do a search for Skip Barbour Racing School
    Ken F

MOBrien
    you guys are killin me. I've looked high and low, been interested for a long time & and found Skip Barber, JIm Russell, Bob Bondurant, and several other schools...........
    Who's actually been to one and why did you pick that one over others? I just don't want to go out and drop a couple grand only to find out there were better options.....

randy77zt
    i have an old 280z that i fixed up for driver schools-if you want to beat a street car for a day try nasa or green flag website.i think its the russell school at laguna-but i think the open wheel school is 3 days and kind of expensive.the cars have a 2000cc mitsu engine .you would probably get more out of the school if you did a street school day because you would have the track memorized and it would be easier to concentrate on your driving.it takes a while to memorize a track.

MOBrien
    bump....recommendations. Who's gone where and why?
    thanks!

Waldo
    Been to Bondurant in AZ (many moons ago)...taught me a few things I didn't know...will never use them in real life...but I kick azz at the cart trax w/my homies. :crossx:

Squirtin Thunder
    you guys are killin me. I've looked high and low, been interested for a long time & and found Skip Barber, JIm Russell, Bob Bondurant, and several other schools...........
    Who's actually been to one and why did you pick that one over others? I just don't want to go out and drop a couple grand only to find out there were better options.....
    It has been many years ago. Sears Point in Sanoma, it was a Bob Bondurant school back then. I am not sure what they have now. Sears point is much closer to you so it will save you money. Laguna is a great track but it would be a better place to go down the road. Give me a call and I will explain better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast