Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Racing Schools?

hoolign
    I went to the "Jack Daniels school of evaisive manouvers"
    It was quite a while ago..but if you buy the bottle...I'll point

PHOTOGLOU
    I went to the Bondourant school and it was a blast.... I went for the 2 day Z-06 training and those guys really let us hang it out. They are sponsored by GM and have a wide variaty of GM vehicle.... One of the most memorable parts was going around the track in a 15 passenger van occasionaly on 3 wheels. If you go in the summer(they are in AZ) bring your own helmet....

hoolign
    I went to the Bondourant school and it was a blast.... I went for the 2 day Z-06 training and those guys really let us hang it out. They are sponsored by GM and have a wide variaty of GM vehicle.... One of the most memorable parts was going around the track in a 15 passenger van occasionaly on 3 wheels. If you go in the summer(they are in AZ) bring your own helmet....
    Soccer-mom 101 ..How to get the kids there before the first whistle

Squirtin Thunder
    Yuck !!!!!!!!!! :yuk:

MOBrien
    Yuck !!!!!!!!!! :yuk:
    kinda gives me visions of a bowling alley. :yuk: thanks for the tips folks. Looks like Bondurant, Russell, or Barber.........
    Can't friggin wait!!!
    Later,
    MOB

Beer-30
    Yeah, I would do the Bondurant course. Vettes and up. Feb or March (Vegas) so as not to be too hot. Will do it one of these days.
    Been that 818 route also. Kanan, Topanga, Malibu Canyon. Love the top of that ridge at night. Ocean on one side, SFValley on the other. I miss it.

Froggystyle
    I have run the Bondurant and Skip Barber courses. Never with the Z though, but that is next.
    The Bondurant course I took in Sonoma was with the Roush Mustangs, and they were quite the little hotrods for that deal. I also took the high performance street course with my own car.
    I used to race a little up in NorCal and it helped quite a bit, but was very focused on shifting and such and both of my race cars were automatics. I can tell you that stuff I learned at all of those courses has translated into every minute of every day driving in my Vette. Heel-toe shifting, trail braking, apex turns etc... All of it works. Some really good stuff was setting the car up for a turn by pre-loading the suspension and increasing the turn the whole way.
    Plus, the skidpad is awesome... Just awesome. I highly recommend Bondurant.
    Don't get me started on motorcycle schools...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12