Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Battery charger Recommendations...

FRENCHIE
    Anyone got any recommendations based on experience, on a good batt charger for the boat, and how much$$$?? ALso is anyo9ne familiar with the one costco carries for about $60.00....any good??? it is a carry on jump starter and air compressor in one! thanx Frenchie.

Phat Matt
    I have the one from costco in my boat. It works good too. It gives you a little more peace of mind as well.
    I think I picked up my battery charger at autozone. It has manual or automatic shut off which is pretty cool and it is made for deep cycle batteries.

Mandelon
    Just make sure you keep an eye on the water level in the batteries. Charging them all the time can cook out some of the water.
    I use a trickle charger with auto-shutoff from Sears. You can install it in the engine compartment permanently connected or get one that clamps one instead.
    The jumpstarter dealio is a real life saver, it has started me several times after using all my juice blasting tunes all day....

Hallett19
    I just got the automatic regular and deep cycle 12 and 6 volt charger from Sears. It was $75 I think and it has float charging capabilities (whatever that means) the guy told me that was good to have and it shuts off and turns on automatically !!

Dr. Eagle
    I have an automatic battery charger from Sears too. I rarely use it because i put a Guest Products charger/maintainer installed in the engine compartment. I just plug the boat in to a cord and it is always ready. If you leave the sears charger on it, it will boil the electrolyte... not something you want. I usually use the sears charger on the jet skis and if I let my jeep sit for too long.

ahhell
    I've been using this one in my motorhome for over a year, and have recently switched it to the boat. It has a max charge of 3.2 watts and its made by Volkswagen for their overseas transports. you can get them on ebay for 10-15 bucks, and being solar powered and living in the desert!!......
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...00/1518aaa.JPG

Debbolas
    We have the jump starter/air compresser as well.
    It is good for peace of mind..........

FRENCHIE
    im gonna get that jump starter / compressor tomorrow!

Debbolas
    Our friends have a 30ft Kachina and took it out, didn't switch the batteries right, and ran their stereo all day. At the end of the day, they couldn't start their boat. It is a good thing to have....

dicudmore
    FRENCHIE the jump starter compressor thing works good....
    I've used it to jump a few cars @ work....
    So far I haven't had to use it on the boat
    I wouldn't think you'd have much need for it as much as you drive that boat.....10 hrs in a week? My hero dude....
    I've got 19 since I picked mine up in April

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast