Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Check this swim platform out

wsuwrhr
    Nice job. I like the machine work.
    Brian

Ziggy
    Originally posted by plaster dave
    that is a real piece of art work, dont let it see water please!!!!
    Water will make it slippery too. Quality workmanship should look just as beautiful as that piece, very nice work C.Fisher.
    C.Fisher,
    That light blue car in the background looks a bit like a Falcon, am I right?

Hallett19
    Maybe C.Fisher could make some parts for a "Pimp My Tractor" spinoff, word.....
    anyone ?? no ? not funny ?? ok....

C.Fisher
    Originally posted by Ziggy
    Water will make it slippery too. Quality workmanship should look just as beautiful as that piece, very nice work C.Fisher.
    C.Fisher,
    That light blue car in the background looks a bit like a Falcon, am I right?
    64 failane, but you was close

JetBoatRich
    Nice work loks very nice

OGShocker
    Originally posted by C.Fisher
    Also thanks to those on here that persuaded me to go anodized, it has yet to be done but soon.
    http://www2.freepichosting.com/Images/421514756/0.jpg
    http://www2.freepichosting.com/Images/421514756/1.jpg
    VERY nice work!
    I would not anodize those parts. You will be MUCH happier if you have them powder coated in a "candy" color. I anodized a set of 95" side panels for my sandrail and still kick myself in the a$$ over it.
    JMHO,
    OGS

C.Fisher
    I almost did powder coat but what i did not like about it was it looked as if would have a texture of oarnge peel and it would feel in some of the engraving that i did.
    On the other hand the anodize will be transparent of the alum finish. I would imagine that if we are not happy with the anodize we could later go to a powder coat. If I am wrong please corect me.
    Heres another deal. Anodize will be in the 2 - 400 range, powder coat was gonna be in the 800 range.

mtndewdrops
    Very nice,
    What alloy did you use, 2024? Anodize is a better choice from a corrosion stand point, but I think powder coat is more durable. After some heavy use, scratches may develop.
    The good news is that later on you can re-work and powder coat but they have to grit blast the surface to make it accept the powder coat.

Stupid Fast
    C. Fisher that looks GREAT.......Are you from Columbus OHIO? Or another Columbus?
    EMC

C.Fisher
    Originally posted by Stupid Fast
    C. Fisher that looks GREAT.......Are you from Columbus OHIO? Or another Columbus?
    EMC
    Near OSU @ 5th and neil

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast